Active tracking - video issues
2181 35 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrahamLN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 337953 ft
United Kingdom

HI, I have recently been using the Profile element of Active tracking filming a car.
This has raised a few issues, whilst the tracking worked superbly, I discovered the following
1. When wanting to engage the Profile option, the sub menu remained in place, obscuring the camera controls on the DJI Go App screen( Phantom Pro + ).
    Ok I thought, I will use the record button on the RC -  fine then the menu goes after filming commences. However, I had set the camera to record at HD NOT 4K.. I did try     tapping the screen to  remove the menu so I could see the controls, but that seemed to  disengage the Active Track selection.
2. I discovered, after filiming and an earlier filling up of the SD card than expected, the App had switched back to the default of 4K. I tested this later and found that is what           happens, as soon as th Tracking mode is engaged, the camera settings change!
3. Currently, I have difficulty in editing 4K videos, due to  software/computer issues, apart from the fact the file size is about 10x greater than HD -  hence my requirement to use HD at the moment.
4. If the Active track sub menu had not obscured the camera controls, the reversion to  4K would have been easier to  spot and the task completed without the need for  an  SD card change.

So, does anyone have a workaround on this one? I have yet to try switching the camera on to record first, then make the Active Track selection, to see if that overcomes the obscuring and setting change issues above.

I have reported these issues to DJI as a 'GO' snag, but meantime, I would like an answer and a means of using the function  without constantly checking to  see if settings etc have changed.

Any thoughts please?
Thanks.

2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Graham, may I know what's the current version of the aircraft and controller? Could you upload a short video for better assistance? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-3-22
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-22 00:31
Hey Graham, may I know what's the current version of the aircraft and controller? Could you upload a short video for better assistance? We'd like to check the exact status.

HI Susan, Many thanks for  your reply.
I tried to  send a clip  but it was taking ages to  upload. I shall take a very brief one and get back to  you.The App installed on the phantom 4 Pro + is version 4.1.22 and the Firmware 01.05.0600.
Video  clip  to  follow.
Thanks for  your interest
Graham
2018-3-22
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-3-22 00:53
HI Susan, Many thanks for  your reply.
I tried to  send a clip  but it was taking ages to  upload. I shall take a very brief one and get back to  you.The App installed on the phantom 4 Pro + is version 4.1.22 and the Firmware 01.05.0600.
Video  clip  to  follow.

HI Susan, I have tried reducing the file size twice, now down to  14mbs -  about 6 secs of video at 4K.  The  file will still not upload. I wonder if you can suggest an alternative method of sending a sample? Dropbox perhaps?

I have just carried out another flight test with similar results ,The camera set to  1080HD reverts to 4K when Active track/Profile is engaged. The sub menu remains in place obscuring the camera controls. My workaround now seems to be this,
1.Set camera to 1080HD and commence recording.
2. Engage Active track/Profile, accept the camera controls are obscured, but the recording continues at 1080HD.

Clearly, this is not the most efficient way of operating and I hope you are able to  suggest a Fix.
Kind regards

Graham
2018-3-22
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-22 00:31

HI  Susan, I have sent the short video  clip to  you  at the admin email address via Dropbox, as this  system would not upload it. I shall send an email with the link.
Thanks  Graham
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-3-22 10:51
HI  Susan, I have sent the short video  clip to  you  at the admin email address via Dropbox, as this  system would not upload it. I shall send an email with the link.
Thanks  Graham

Graham, thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry to tell you that we do not have authorized email address at this moment. I'll PM you a short video of uploading to Dropbox, please follow it and share the link, thanks!
2018-3-24
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-24 00:53
Graham, thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry to tell you that we do not have authorized email address at this moment. I'll PM you a short video of uploading to Dropbox, please follow it and share the link, thanks!

Hello Susan, Many thanks and I have sent the link via the PM system. Hopefully you have received that and I look forward to your further thoughts.
G
2018-3-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-3-24 23:37
Hello Susan, Many thanks and I have sent the link via the PM system. Hopefully you have received that and I look forward to your further thoughts.
G

I‘ve received the link you sent in PM, but failed to understand the current status. Sorry about this.
As far as I know, in Active Track, the main camera will be used to collect the images which limited the exposure. If it is too dark or too light, the active track may fail. Therefore, the camera settings will switch to auto to get a better result. Please clarify if there is any misunderstanding, thanks!
2018-3-26
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Susan
The issue is as per my initial post. On engaging Active Tracking the camera reverts to 4K video not the HD standard which I had wished to record at. I don't wish to record video at 4k as the file size is too large and currently I cannot easily edit 4k on my home computer.As you have seen, the tracking and video worked perfectly well.My wish is to have the camera staying at my original setting when I engage the tracking mode. I think my first post gives the full detail but if I can assist further please do not hesitate to contact me but I hope the issue has now been clarified?
2018-3-27
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A further issue as described before in my initial post, was that on engaging the Active Tracking then the Profile mode, the sub menu remained in place obscuring the camera controls. This made it a little more difficult to operate the camera and to see in which mode it is working. So, is there a fix for both of these problems please? All of this is on the Dji Go app on the Phantom 4 Pro+.
Regards
Graham
2018-3-27
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-26 23:23
I‘ve received the link you sent in PM, but failed to understand the current status. Sorry about this.
As far as I know, in Active Track, the main camera will be used to collect the images which limited the exposure. If it is too dark or too light, the active track may fail. Therefore, the camera settings will switch to auto to get a better result. Please clarify if there is any misunderstanding, thanks!

HI Susan, I replied to  your request for  clarification and hope my responses have helped. I wonder if you  have been able to find  an answer to the issues yet please?,
To recap, When engaging Active Track, my video setting which is set as HD changes to 4 K -  my only way of holding my preferred setting seems to be to actually commence filming at my preferred standard and then engage Active Track, and

The other issue is that, having engaged Active Track, tapped the screen to  identify the subject to track, the sub menu giving  "Trace, Profile etc " appears and after making my selection, in this case, Profile, the Menu remains in place obscuring the on screen camera controls. THis then makes it difficult to  see if the settings have changed as described earlier.

Kind regards
Graham
2018-4-5
Use props
merc slk amg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32054 ft
Sweden

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-4-5 11:16
HI Susan, I replied to  your request for  clarification and hope my responses have helped. I wonder if you  have been able to find  an answer to the issues yet please?,
To recap, When engaging Active Track, my video setting which is set as HD changes to 4 K -  my only way of holding my preferred setting seems to be to actually commence filming at my preferred standard and then engage Active Track, and

Tested active track yesterday, recorded in HD every time.
P4P+
2018-4-5
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

merc slk amg Posted at 2018-4-5 12:27
Tested active track yesterday, recorded in HD every time.
P4P+

HI  thanks for  that. Did your sub menu stay in place as I have found or did that clear after selection? I am assuming there may be a glitch in my setup but need confirmation/advice as to how to  sort it. Thanks for  your reply.
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-4-5 11:16
To recap, When engaging Active Track, my video setting which is set as HD changes to 4 K -  my only way of holding my preferred setting seems to be to actually commence filming at my preferred standard and then engage Active Track, and

Sorry for the late response. I read the whole post again and cannot verify the issue you referred in this post. Would you mind uploading a screen recording of how did you operate the camera during the Active Track?
2018-4-7
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-7 01:05
Sorry for the late response. I read the whole post again and cannot verify the issue you referred in this post. Would you mind uploading a screen recording of how did you operate the camera during the Active Track?

Hello Susan
I dont know if I can do  that other than with another video camera filming over my shoulder. If there is a way of doing this with  the DJI GO app for the P4P+, please advise.
Regards
Graham
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-4-7 02:27
Hello Susan
I dont know if I can do  that other than with another video camera filming over my shoulder. If there is a way of doing this with  the DJI GO app for the P4P+, please advise.
Regards

Please see if you can install the third-party screen recording APP in the built-in screen. I'm sorry I do not have any better recommendations at this time.
2018-4-9
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-9 02:53
Please see if you can install the third-party screen recording APP in the built-in screen. I'm sorry I do not have any better recommendations at this time.

Hello Susan,
I will have to  see what I can do  I guess. Unfortunately, the P4P+ does NOT facilitate installing third party software, unless any other person viewing this can suggest something. Otherwise, I shall have to  try to  film the screen externally using someone else to do that. I know screenshots can be taken but it seems you  need video. I think it will be several  days before I can attempt this.
Regards
Graham
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-4-9 05:22
Hello Susan,
I will have to  see what I can do  I guess. Unfortunately, the P4P+ does NOT facilitate installing third party software, unless any other person viewing this can suggest something. Otherwise, I shall have to  try to  film the screen externally using someone else to do that. I know screenshots can be taken but it seems you  need video. I think it will be several  days before I can attempt this.
Regards

The video is required as it seems that there is some misunderstanding between us. To avoid further confusion, we'd like to look into the exact status without guesses.
2018-4-9
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-9 23:57
The video is required as it seems that there is some misunderstanding between us. To avoid further confusion, we'd like to look into the exact status without guesses.

Hello Susan, Yes, thanks
I shall attempt an external video but this will be a few days before I can try to get one. I shall get back to you as soon as possible.Thank you
Regards
Graham
2018-4-10
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-4-9 05:22
Hello Susan,
Regards

With the versions you list in #3 you should be able to install 3rd party apps by using apkpure.com, at least a screen recorder. Apps using google play still seem to have some challenges.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=134274&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D408%26typeid%3D408
2018-4-10
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-10 06:25
With the versions you list in #3 you should be able to install 3rd party apps by using apkpure.com, at least a screen recorder. Apps using google play still seem to have some challenges.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=134274&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D408%26typeid%3D408

Thanks a lot Ked, most helpful, I shall give that a try in a few days
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-4-10 04:59
Hello Susan, Yes, thanks
I shall attempt an external video but this will be a few days before I can try to get one. I shall get back to you as soon as possible.Thank you
Regards

All right. We'll be here waiting for your update.
2018-4-11
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-10 06:25

HI KedDK
Further to your helpful response. I think that I can get the AZScreen Recorder to  load via the browser. However, how do I get the recorded files off the RC+? I suspect they will be too large for emailing to  DJI, I had hoped it would be possible to save to an SD card in the RC, but that option does not seem to  be available. It may be possible to  save them to Drive, but I suspect I will still have the issue of getting them onto a pc to forward to Susan.
I tried an exterior recording today with a video camera, the quality was not at all good.
Thanks in anticipation!

PS, Just discovered that Google  Drive allows me to  do  this!! Files copied from mobeil to the pc. I can get stated now!
2018-4-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-4-18 01:04
HI KedDK
Further to your helpful response. I think that I can get the AZScreen Recorder to  load via the browser. However, how do I get the recorded files off the RC+? I suspect they will be too large for emailing to  DJI, I had hoped it would be possible to save to an SD card in the RC, but that option does not seem to  be available. It may be possible to  save them to Drive, but I suspect I will still have the issue of getting them onto a pc to forward to Susan.
I tried an exterior recording today with a video camera, the quality was not at all good.

I am not familiar with the recorder but if you connect the RC (micro USB) to your computer (std. USB) you can have the RC show up as a USB drive by dragging down from top of screen and tap the "Enable USB" message and a few confirm prompts.

Then look over the filesystem for something obvious, it might be placed somewhere under the Android folder if not found in a folder from the root.

I don't know the best way to get it to Susan, some use YouTube, some GoogleDrive and other a Dropbox and then reply Susan's (or other admin) post with a link or via a PM/Personal Message to them by the function on their profile. Perhaps it could be uploaded to SkyPixel in lack of other options.
2018-4-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-4-18 01:04
HI KedDK
Further to your helpful response. I think that I can get the AZScreen Recorder to  load via the browser. However, how do I get the recorded files off the RC+? I suspect they will be too large for emailing to  DJI, I had hoped it would be possible to save to an SD card in the RC, but that option does not seem to  be available. It may be possible to  save them to Drive, but I suspect I will still have the issue of getting them onto a pc to forward to Susan.

RE: PS - okay then you found out
2018-4-18
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-18 02:00
RE: PS - okay then you found out

Yes thanks for  all of your thoughts - most helpful.
Regards

G
2018-4-18
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-11 02:09
All right. We'll be here waiting for your update.

HI  Susan, I  finally  have a video  clip on this issue which I hope is sufficient. As mentioned before, if I am wishing to use a video  setting of 1080 HD and then start Active track, the video setting is changed immediately to 4K -  it says on screen that it is optimised for Active Track. However, I wish to  record at 1080HD, can I change the setting so that it does not 'optimise' the setting so I can record at my chosen standard? Also, the popup menu remains in place after selection of 'Profile' obscuring the on screen camera controls. Hopefully this will be clear when you  view the clip. I have sent you PM with a Dropbox link for the clip.
THanks
Graham
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-4-19 06:35
HI  Susan, I  finally  have a video  clip on this issue which I hope is sufficient. As mentioned before, if I am wishing to use a video  setting of 1080 HD and then start Active track, the video setting is changed immediately to 4K -  it says on screen that it is optimised for Active Track. However, I wish to  record at 1080HD, can I change the setting so that it does not 'optimise' the setting so I can record at my chosen standard? Also, the popup menu remains in place after selection of 'Profile' obscuring the on screen camera controls. Hopefully this will be clear when you  view the clip. I have sent you PM with a Dropbox link for the clip.
THanks
Graham

Well received, thanks! I have forwarded to our engineers for analysis, will come back as long as there is an update.
2018-4-20
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-20 01:58
Well received, thanks! I have forwarded to our engineers for analysis, will come back as long as there is an update.

THanks Susan I appreciate it.
Regards

Graham
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Graham, I just got an update from our engineers that they suggest to check the upper corner, click to show the hidden camera settings.
2018-5-9
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-9 20:19
Graham, I just got an update from our engineers that they suggest to check the left upper corner, click to show the hidden camera settings.

HI Susan Thanks a lot. I assume this is the top left of the control screen in the Camera mode? I will be unable to  check this out for a week or more but will try it and see what I get. I have not seen any camera settings in the top left so it will be interesting to see.
Regards
Graham
2018-5-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-5-10 12:27
HI Susan Thanks a lot. I assume this is the top left of the control screen in the Camera mode? I will be unable to  check this out for a week or more but will try it and see what I get. I have not seen any camera settings in the top left so it will be interesting to see.
Regards
Graham

It would seem that the camera needs to operate in 4K mode for the optical tracking system to work at its optimum. So let it, and then scale down the resultant video in an editor. It is a very simple process.
2018-5-10
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-10 15:49
It would seem that the camera needs to operate in 4K mode for the optical tracking system to work at its optimum. So let it, and then scale down the resultant video in an editor. It is a very simple process.

Very good thanks for  your input, I shall try that.Regards
Graham
2018-5-11
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-9 20:19
Graham, I just got an update from our engineers that they suggest to check the upper corner, click to show the hidden camera settings.

HI  Susan, Can you be more specific please as to  where I might find the hidden camera settings.? I have looked in the top  left as quoted - of  all the screens but cannot see anything appropriate.
Thanks
Graham
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GrahamLN Posted at 2018-5-28 03:15
HI  Susan, Can you be more specific please as to  where I might find the hidden camera settings.? I have looked in the top  left as quoted - of  all the screens but cannot see anything appropriate.
Thanks
Graham

Sorry, please check the below screenshot.
A.png
2018-6-2
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-2 02:05
Sorry, please check the below screenshot.

THanks  Susan, I shall have another look.
rgds
G
2018-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules