Air won't connect to both Controller AND Phone
3218 3 2018-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davyfilm
New

United States

My Mavic Air will not connect to my RC and still show up in my DJI GO 4 App....I have no problem linking it with my phone, and I can do a manual override to connect the remote directly to the drone, but when I do that I don't have a conncection to the app/can't see the camera. When given the option to "enter Device" I'm selecting "Connect to the Aircraft's Wifi" then selecting "Wired Connection" but then it won't let me get past step 3 "Connect RC cable to RC. Unfold antennas and mobile device clamps, then insert the RC cable to mobile device" - the NEXT button is grey after doing those things.

The other option was to "Enter Camera View" then go to the menu, controller options and "Link Controller" but nothing happens and the camera is greyed out. If I connect to the drone's wifi then it says I'm connected and all the options to conenect to the remote controller disappear.

HELP PLEASE!
2018-3-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

In which order are you starting up devices? Have you ever tried to first only connect your mobile device to the RC via cable and then start up the RC? Normally you should then see a green dot on the first screen of DJI GO 4 and the message RC connected. Thereafter start up the Mavic Air and let it connect with the RC. If beforehand  you already had a direct connection between your mobile and the Air, you probably will need to reset the connection between RC and Air inline with the instructions in the user manual.
2018-3-21
Use props
John TC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358 ft
United States

Hello!

First... follow the process of the firmware check and reset to factory...

you can follow what i did when i was in the same trouble after connecting it to my Huawei Mate 8 android phone...  

https://forum.dji.com/thread-138845-1-1.html

hope this helps... i know that feeling and t sucks...

2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, davyfilm, so sorry to hear the issue that you are experiencing. Please update the latest firmware for your aircraft and the remote controller: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline, then try to link the remote controller with the drone again:

2018-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules