Phantom 3 Advanced
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2Ga1wKbG4Zy7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26581 ft

I have a P3 advanced, the quad works great but the rc is alarming indicating the battery is low.  I've tried charging it by itself for hours, but nothing changes still not charged.  I am also getting a message the firmware needs to be updated.  Spoke with DJI support and they have indicated this firmware update could be the cause of my battery issue.  Even with the rc in alarm and the app showing the battery ay 0% it flies the drone just fine.  So has anyone run into an issue where not updating the firmware results in this type of problem.  I also have a crashed p3 se with a virtually brand new battery (reason for the advanced) and im wondering if they are the same battery.  If so I can just swap them.  
2018-3-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, it's a common fault, from a recent firmware.

There is a fix, but you will need the beta firmware.

RedHotPoker
2018-3-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I also have a crashed p3 se with a virtually brand new battery (reason for the advanced) and im wondering if they are the same battery.  If so I can just swap them
You can use any P3 series battery in any P3 series drone.
2018-3-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the batteries of P3 series are compatible. You can use the batteries of P3 SE on the P3A. Regarding the RC charging issue, I'm afraid that you have to send the unit in for diagnosis and repair. Please kindly start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules