659 10 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_Lance_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bought a new phantom 4 pro plus obsidian edition - updated to latest firmware right after I got it, big mistake you're already thinking haha - well the AC updated fine but the RC (Plus edition with screen) crashed in mid-update and was bricked - worked with DJI support to try and reset it, they had me send it in, it arrived and they let me know it was going to be repaired under warranty (it was a day old) and all seemed well, they sent me a tracking number last tuesday (20th) - on Wednesday I checked tracking and delivery scheduled for Monday the 26th and had left cerritos ca - I went back to work and haven't thought about it since -
then this weekend I check tracking and now it only shows a shipping label has been created? And the DJI repair site updates show my shipment has been shipped and then delivered on the same day? And I'm 5 states away... Same tracking number, copy/pasted from the email they sent - then to my horror I look at what they supposedly shipped out, and you guessed it, it got worse - the item supposedly shipped shows to be a regular p4p obsidian controller, not the plus (with lcd) controller as it should be - so I'm of course upset (I had to purchase a standard controller during the repair wait just to be able to fly the drone, I've been down since day 1 which was March 6th) and no way to reach anyone in support on weekends, so this is me venting I guess lol - I'm sorry if you're having to read this but be AWARE due to the massive growth DJI has experienced over the last couple years that this is the "NEW DJI" and you've got to stay 100% on top of your tickets or they're going to screw something up. Learn from my lesson here of not paying attention during the repair/replacement process - Hopefully I get some good news back tomorrow..

On an unrelated note I'm ALSO annoyed that I had to send the battery for my brand  new mavic air in already for warranty replacement (bad power button?! seriously? R&D guys)

2018-3-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It's always a roll of the dice.
2018-3-25
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4

Always amazes me when someone buys a brand new device and sends it in for repair. You should have just returned it and bought a new one.
2018-3-25
Use props
_Lance_
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa Posted at 2018-3-25 12:31
Always amazes me when someone buys a brand new device and sends it in for repair. You should have just returned it and bought a new one.

Bought from Amazon but not official DJI amazon store - Controller worked fine before the firmware update, and the drone is fine, Amazon wasn't going to refund over a controller update issue and asked me to contact DJI, and DJI wasn't going to refund because it wasn't bought from an official DJI store - so the repair process is what was left. I've learned my lesson about buying direct from DJI for sure.. And the mavic air battery was bought direct from DJI - I sent it back and they're sending a new one, best that could be done there.
Support contacted me this afternoon and they agree something's not right with the controller shipment so they escalated it - fingers crossed I get my + controller or a new one back..
2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Lance, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product and repair center, I managed to get the case number via your Forum account, I checked the serial number of the RC that has been shipped, it is with the built-in screen, and per the quality evaluation picture, the RC is the right model, please check the picture below: GTScreenshot_20180326_105805.png
The replacement has been shipped out on 21st, March, but it seems there is no update in UPS website, I will verify with the appropriate department about the status, we will have someone to contact you soon, thanks for your patience, hope you will get the RC back soon.
2018-3-25
Use props
_Lance_
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-25 19:01
Hi Lance, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product and repair center, I managed to get the case number via your Forum account, I checked the serial number of the RC that has been shipped, it is with the built-in screen, and per the quality evaluation picture, the RC is the right model, please check the picture below:[view_image]
The replacement has been shipped out on 21st, March, but it seems there is no update in UPS website, I will verify with the appropriate department about the status, we will have someone to contact you soon, thanks for your patience, hope you will get the RC back soon.

Oh good, yes that looks exactly like it - thanks for replying I'm about to sleep for the night and that's one less thing to have to think about on a Monday morning. Very much appreciated.
2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

_Lance_ Posted at 2018-3-25 19:06
Oh good, yes that looks exactly like it - thanks for replying I'm about to sleep for the night and that's one less thing to have to think about on a Monday morning. Very much appreciated.

I have also escalated your concern to local team to make sure we are shipping out the right model, no worries, hope you have a good night.
2018-3-25
Use props
_Lance_
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Whatever you guys did worked - the ups tracking updated and shows delivery for today again, this time with progress updates - and support contacted me and double-confirmed the right product is in the box -  so I think this one is handled - thanks for stepping up and assisting with that on a weekend it is greatly appreciated. I will let DJI support know if there are any further issues.
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

_Lance_ Posted at 2018-3-26 07:20
Whatever you guys did worked - the ups tracking updated and shows delivery for today again, this time with progress updates - and support contacted me and double-confirmed the right product is in the box -  so I think this one is handled - thanks for stepping up and assisting with that on a weekend it is greatly appreciated. I will let DJI support know if there are any further issues.

Glad to know the tracking has been updated and thanks for your update, it is our great honor to support you, hope you will receive the RC soon, you can also keep us updated if there is any further issue, we are always here to help.
2018-3-26
Use props
_Lance_
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-26 18:31
Glad to know the tracking has been updated and thanks for your update, it is our great honor to support you, hope you will receive the RC soon, you can also keep us updated if there is any further issue, we are always here to help.

Received the remote last week and just got to test it this weekend - all seems good - thanks for fixing whatever went down in shipping, if anything it looks like it was UPS's issue so my apologies for jumping to conclusions but I'm sure you can put yourself in my shoes and understand why I was upset.

Now, so I don't tank this controller again, I have two questions for DJI -

1. What is the SAFEST way to manipulate the firmware on the GL300E (pro plus) controller? Assistant 2 or SD Card? Mine was bricked via SD card update so I'm hesitant to try that again.

2. Can firmware be downgraded on these controllers if I have an issue? Or am I stuck with each update and can only go upward?

Thanks in advance
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

_Lance_ Posted at 2018-4-1 17:30
Received the remote last week and just got to test it this weekend - all seems good - thanks for fixing whatever went down in shipping, if anything it looks like it was UPS's issue so my apologies for jumping to conclusions but I'm sure you can put yourself in my shoes and understand why I was upset.

Now, so I don't tank this controller again, I have two questions for DJI -

Lance, thanks for getting back to us about its performance, we totally understand your frustration and glad to know everything turns out to be great.
1. The RC of Phantom 4 Pro+ can only be updated via SD card and network, both of them are recommended, no worries.
2. The firmware of RC can be downgraded, please download the previous firmware into SD card, but we do not have the previous version in our website now, please let us know if you encounter any issue during the upgrade.
2018-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules