P3A poor radio signal quality after firmware 1.11.20 update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DogWatchFilms
New

United Kingdom

Since updating the firmware to 1.11.20  (RC 1.9.3) My aircraft is horrible, it wont fly properly, the video lags, I can sit next to it and the channels all show red. I get a good signal every so often. It sometimes gives magnetic interference warning. It wont hover well and drifts.

I put it away before winter and hoped there would be a fix by spring, it seems DJI have forgotten about their older kit and expect us to throw another couple of thousand at a new aircraft, batteries, chargers etc etc. This is not good enough. I would like my quad back please, flying properly.

How can I return to previous firmware, I have them all on my PC. Just putting the last one onto a SDmicro doesn't work, it appears I need to wipe the cmos first with a program named system.bin, but this seems to be rarer than anyone managing to fix this issue.

I have found plenty of people suffering with this firmware and DJI now seem to be neglecting their customers. It is easier to keep a customer than attract a new one, it is impossible to get a disgruntled customer back.

Give me my drone back, you killed it, let me have it back.

2018-3-25
Use props
fans7100ba06
New

Russia

Where to get the firmware 1.11.30 P3a?
2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. I'm afraid that the P3A does not support to downgrade. We listen to all the feedback and glad to help if you encounter any difficulties.
Regarding the video lags and interference, I'd suggest changing to another open place without interference to see whether it works. Also, please enable the airplane mode and turn off the Bluetooth.
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans7100ba06 Posted at 2018-3-25 16:49
Where to get the firmware 1.11.30 P3a?

I've read your message in another post as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-119447-2-1.html Please check whether you have got the correct one.
2018-3-26
Use props
DogWatchFilms
New

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-26 00:49
I've read your message in another post as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-119447-2-1.html Please check whether you have got the correct one.

I have not posted to the forum before, if you didn't post this in error, this is not me.
2018-3-26
Use props
DogWatchFilms
New

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-26 00:48
Sorry for the troubles. I'm afraid that the P3A does not support to downgrade. We listen to all the feedback and glad to help if you encounter any difficulties.
Regarding the video lags and interference, I'd suggest changing to another open place without interference to see whether it works. Also, please enable the airplane mode and turn off the Bluetooth.

I have tried this, it is everywhere, including a local beach away from life completely.

Before the update the aircraft was fine.

I switched off wifi and bluetooth yesterday which didn't help. Later on I turned on aircraft mode but did not fly, this didn't appear to help either.

To be honest you should warn that 1.11.20 removes maps if this is the answer to anything.
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DogWatchFilms Posted at 2018-3-26 04:21
I have tried this, it is everywhere, including a local beach away from life completely.

Before the update the aircraft was fine.

Sorry about this. Now that the issue appears everywhere, I'd suggest sending the unit in for a fully diagnosis. Please kindly start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules