Don't fix if not broken
1003 7 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jzelek1
lvl.2

United States

Second flight today. Get very long flight times. My son was flying my FC-40 with pretty new batteries. He went through two and I was still flying. Ended the flight at about 50% battery. Want to be safe until battery is fully conditioned. Ventured higher and farther away. No issues. Very steady even during windy moments. When I turned on the controller and tablet today, asked me if I wanted to upgrade. Declined, as the existing firmware / Pilot App (Android) is working as advertised. Would strongly suggest not upgrading unless there is a compelling reason. Just my two cents.
2015-5-6
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

Even though it might be working, people have had problems with it and supposedly their p3's were just turning off when in flight. I would recommend updating because if something happens to it and you haven't updated, there's nothing that can be done warranty wise. I upgraded and have had no problems either.
2015-5-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

nickmedici@bell Posted at 2015-5-7 09:04
Even though it might be working, people have had problems with it and supposedly their p3's were jus ...

I agree.  I have upgraded mine even though I use both the iOS and Android.
2015-5-6
Use props
jzelek1
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-7 09:35
I agree.  I have upgraded mine even though I use both the iOS and Android.

Ok, but I have read here that some folks have had issues after upgrading. So is it possible to go back to the previous firmware version if needed?
2015-5-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

jzelek1@gmail.c Posted at 2015-5-7 09:50
Ok, but I have read here that some folks have had issues after upgrading. So is it possible to go  ...

No you cannot go back.  If you follow the directions that DJI has provided you will not have an issue when upgrading.  Formate the SD card.  Clean install of the bin file.  Insert in the camera and listen to the camera beeps.  When it does beep, beep-beep.  You are done.  Take the SD card out and check the TXT file in the toot directory.  If it says success you are done.  Remove the TXT file and then do the Tx.  It is not that difficult.
2015-5-6
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

I have a hard time believing the warranty would be void if you didn't update firmware.  What other companies do that? I haven't updated mine and have had no issues. A few reports of upset people that have had problems doesn't constitute a real problem. Some of the issues I've seen are blatant natual cause or human error. No I didn't bookmark these. Just going by memory.
2015-5-6
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

Two Snakes Posted at 2015-5-7 10:15
I have a hard time believing the warranty would be void if you didn't update firmware.  What other c ...

If there is a major problem with a firmware version and you still don't upgrade it, that is an excuse for a company to void the warranty. Im not saying there is a major issue with it but knowing DJI there is no way they wouldn't void the warranty if you didn't upgrade the firmware.
2015-5-6
Use props
johnl1906
lvl.2
United States

Got mines today, upgraded the bird and the controller, took it up to 400 feet and a bit of a way outward and it seemed very stable.  Cant wait to clock some more hours, and for my second battery to get here!  Now all i need is a Ronin M and i'm pretty sure i'll stop putting money in DJI's pocket for a while lol.....I hope.

P2 - Purchased in Feb'15
P3 - Purchased in Aprl'15
Ronin - Maybe Aug/Sept (depends if I get a job that pays for it coming up sooner)
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules