Dynamic Home Point?
21785 19 2014-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bforrestall
New
United States

With the latest firmware update we get a new feature .... Dynamic Home Point.
"Dynamic home point: when using a GPS-enabled mobile device and running the VISION app, the Home
Point will automatically be reset to the location of the device every 2 seconds during flight."

Am I correct in thinking that when you enable in the app, if your iPhone has GPS, then when you are flying the home point is updated every 2 seconds to the location of your iPhone (the control). If so, this will be a big help when launching from a boat!

2014-10-30
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

You are correct...
2014-10-30
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

The more I think about the more ingenious it becomes.
2014-10-30
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

insitb@singnet. Posted at 2014-10-30 22:31
The more I think about the more ingenious it becomes.

Then keep thinking
2014-10-30
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

Just don't move into the shadow of a tree  
No pretty good feature especially if you are on a moving vehicle.
Also one step closer to a future follow me feature
2014-10-30
Use props
owen
lvl.1

United States

I found that once return to home is triggered, the last point it had from your phone gets locked in. as the copter is "returning to home" it doesn't get updated every 2 seconds with your new position. boaters should be aware of this. If you're cruising along in your boat and you initiate RTH, it won't "follow" you. it'll lock in the point where you were when RTH was initiated and fly there.

Just a heads up
2014-10-30
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

owen@genzlinger Posted at 2014-10-31 00:35
I found that once return to home is triggered, the last point it had from your phone gets locked in. ...

Good one, thanks
2014-10-30
Use props
scott_barton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

Can this be disabled?  I can see some potential fly aways because your cell's GPS gets messed up.  Also I place my home point where I want it to land safely and then usually move to somewhere else where I can see better.  I would not want my home point updated in that case.  
2014-10-30
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

On/Off switch on the app...
2014-10-30
Use props
JickJackJoke
New

United States

owen@genzlinger Posted at 2014-10-31 00:35
I found that once return to home is triggered, the last point it had from your phone gets locked in. ...

Phew. That's a good thing. If it kept updating to the new location it would practically try to land on your head, and you would be running for eternity.
2014-12-6
Use props
sgilson
lvl.1

United States

Will the quad return to the dynamic home point when HL/Home Loc is activated and you push back on the control or does this function only pertain to when it's flying in RTH/Failsafe?
2014-12-29
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Yes it will.

It updates ever 2 sec if you have atleast 6 sats
2014-12-29
Use props
gregorysivik
New

United States

huntarr@sbcglob Posted at 2014-12-30 01:19
Yes it will.

It updates ever 2 sec if you have atleast 6 sats

So with this Dynamic Home Point feature in a boating application, can you also be in HOme Lock at a radius of more than 33 feet and use roll command to circle the moving boat?  If so, I believe you would then still need to use yaw to keep the camera facing the moving boat while circling it.
2015-2-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Which firmware version are you referring to?
I have not done an update with many of the conflicts folks were having and kept everything at its last known working/compatible state.

That said, I love that feature!
2015-2-27
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

gregorysivik@gm Posted at 2015-2-28 00:21
So with this Dynamic Home Point feature in a boating application, can you also be in HOme Lock at  ...

That is correct, sir
2015-2-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

While out testing the 3.12 yesterday and the new reported feature to be able to control the Phantom on descent during an RTH triggered by low battery (yes, ran the battery down to see if the feature worked and it did allow control on the descent) I had Dynamic Home Point on, 11 Sat's etc. and the Phantom returned to my original take off position about 150' away...
Can anyone explain why this might have happened?.
2015-3-6
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

I know a guy who did  RTH while on the river and lost his Phantom when it went to where he started and not where he was.  Bet he really wished he had had this capability!!!!!
2015-3-6
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

joe@heliflightc Posted at 2015-3-7 01:30
I know a guy who did  RTH while on the river and lost his Phantom when it went to where he started a ...

you can also 'set' it while flying so when on a river you could take off from a boat, fly it over to land, 'set' the homepoint there (not dynamically but a fixed one using the s2 mid/bottom 5x toggle) and then you'd have a safe landing 'on the beach or land' without having to use dynamic.  both are good but just pointing out there are 2 options to solve his problem, not just this one.
2015-3-6
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

Good point.   I like the idea of being able to set "safe landing zones" which could be used as alternate landing points if needed. So the copter would choose the closes safe zone in an emergency.  
2015-3-6
Use props
bajaecotours
lvl.1
Mexico

HOw can you reset the home point to your controller if using the built in monitor on the phantom 4 pro? i used to be able to do this, but i found later it does not seem to work. Do i need to connect with my iphone to enable some how? Would really appreciate if anyone has the answer.
2019-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules