Separate pilot and camera operator
4245 8 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jerryr
lvl.1

United States

Hi all,

I am coordinating some video creation for a project and am working with several people who have Spark drones. They are all pretty new to flying drones, so flying and filming is proving pretty challenging. I'm wondering if the drone can be flown using just the controller, while another person connects via an iPad/iPhone to control the camera/filming.

Any input is greatly appreicated.

Thanks,

Jerry
2018-3-26
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, that's not possible.
2018-3-26
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I think you could do that to some extent.. but it won't be optimal with the spark since there is no separate gimbal for the camera...   Yes, someone could fly the spark with just the remote and someone else could hold the iPad to adjust the camera (exposure, mode, etc.)  but since the pilot flying the spark controls where the camera is pointing, he or she would not be able to see what they were aiming at.  Other drones with a full gimbal can be controlled this way with the pilot flying the drone and someone else pointing the camera but with Spark the camera always points to the front so the pilot has to maneuver the drone to point the camera.
2018-3-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The only dual RC master/slave set up on DJI drones (below industrial grade) are the Mavic Pro and Inspire series.
2018-3-26
Use props
jerryr
lvl.1

United States

Ok, thanks everyone for the input.

I'll try to see if there any settings to slow down the turn rate, or camera adjustments as all the footage is coming out with very abrupt, harsh movements.
2018-3-26
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

jerryr Posted at 2018-3-26 14:46

I'll try to see if there any settings to slow down the turn rate, or camera adjustments as all the footage is coming out with very abrupt, harsh movements.

adjust the gimbal speed in the setting, and fly in Tripod mode
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

jerryr Posted at 2018-3-26 14:46

Hi jerryr, it is recommended to read the user manual more than once before they flying the drone. Thanks!
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

RjMllr Posted at 2018-3-26 15:01
adjust the gimbal speed in the setting, and fly in Tripod mode

It seems a good idea, please choose an outdoor open area to practice the operation.
2018-3-29
Use props
Myron Ford
New

Pakistan

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-29 02:13
It seems a good idea, please choose an outdoor open area to practice the operation.

exactly

https://randompokemon.info/
2022-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules