Controller Micro SD slot
4718 10 2018-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IoQAkX8yFAA2
lvl.1
Germany

I have a new Phantom 4 Pro +. The controller has a micro SD card slot. I cannot find any information on how I use this slot on the controller. Is it possible to record your pictures and videos on the controller simultaneously or as opposed to recording them on the aircraft?

Any feedback is appreciated

Jim Palik
2018-3-27
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, you cannot save your pictures/videos on that memory card. It seems most people are only using it to install firmware updates on the remote controller.
2018-3-27
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2018-3-27 06:42
No, you cannot save your pictures/videos on that memory card. It seems most people are only using it to install firmware updates on the remote controller.

How do you you even get FW updates for the controller?
2018-3-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-3-27 20:06

They find their own way as soon they smell something like internet.
Or you would download it from the download page and extract it to a SD card, as is, almost the only thing the SD slot is used to even the manual state something else.
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Jim, I'm sorry to tell you that it is not available to record the pictures and videos on the controller simultaneously. For the firmware update via SD card, you can check this tutorial video:
2018-3-27
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-3-27 20:06

You can download the current firmware here:
https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
2018-3-28
Use props
Masdian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36453 ft
Indonesia

can help me for find slot memory car in the remote control? because i don't find slot memory card remote control...
2019-2-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Masdian Posted at 2-17 17:11
can help me for find slot memory car in the remote control? because i don't find slot memory card remote control...

The slot is on the DJI built-in display for a P4P+, you have a P3P, it does not have any slot.
2019-2-17
Use props
Masdian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36453 ft
Indonesia

Geebax Posted at 2-17 17:46
The slot is on the DJI built-in display for a P4P+, you have a P3P, it does not have any slot.

Ok, thank you for information mr.Geebax, actually Im problem cannot downgrade software RC,because between RC and Aircraft different version, but Aircraft not available new version, can you help me about this problem?  
2019-2-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Masdian Posted at 2-19 01:03
Ok, thank you for information mr.Geebax, actually Im problem cannot downgrade software RC,because between RC and Aircraft different version, but Aircraft not available new version, can you help me about this problem?

Sorry, I have never tried to do that.
2019-2-19
Use props
CHASCOADMIN
lvl.4
United States

Yep, the mSD slot is for downloading crash logs of the controller or upgrading firmware. We use ours as storage of an mSD card just in case we forget one or lose it.
2019-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules