DJI Quality
829 9 2018-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicMan5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398950 ft
United States

Im curious how many other DJI owners are finding issues witht he electronics in their drones and controllers. I've bought over $4500 US in DJI products this year and im finding that the quality is very poor. Out of all the issues I've had and had fixed, today the Gimbal started moving very violently, hitting the hard limits of the servos. I love flying the Mavic but the product quality is so poor that its costing me on a regular basis to keep it flying. This new issue with the Gimbal is really causing me to second guess my decision to go with DJI.

Obviously I need a new gimbal but not sure it would be a wise investment in light of all the other issues. I've had my share of lemmons.
2018-3-27
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft

Hardware seems good. Software? Not so much.
2018-3-27
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Suriname

I don't see other brands as a real alternative. For me the DJI gear has been working fine.
2018-3-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is hit and miss when you unbox your drone but if you get a good one then look after it and it will give you a lot of great use. One member on here has just completed 1,600,000 metres with his Mavic - that states what these drones can do.
2018-3-27
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

In my opinion for what it is worth.
In the beginning there was such a demand for the Mavic that DJI rushed to get them out.  They had a few problems.
After the rush, production was much better . They could take there time making everything right.
Now with new Drones coming out they are more into them then the Mavic.
I have always noticed the older products are sometimes much better then newer ones.

Sorry about your gimbal problem. Hope you can get it fixed.

2018-3-27
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I agree with CW, out of all my drones the Mavic Pro has given me the most issues, (mostly video Jello) never had a problem with disconnects, fly away's, updates ect... I think I got one out of a manufacture lot that had a gimbal balance/weight issue. Believe it or not when I installed a Filter (added weight) the problem was reduced significantly but not gone, so I took some Gorilla tape and cut a thin strip and wrapped it around the filter(s) (adding more weight) last 3 flights (3 batteries) no Jello whatsoever! To get back to the OP, if you think about how many millions of DJI's drones have been sold over the years relatively speaking the problems are few and they are far ahead in the technology. That being said it doesn't lessen the sting when you end up with a lemon. I will not use DJI's repair service as I want my drone back when I send it in. There are many Authorized DJI repair facilities here in the states, I would rather pay them for any repairs needed and get "my" drone back within a week to 10 days. I know how I take care of my equipment not sure about the refurbished model they will most likely send me in replacement of my well cared for MP.

2018-3-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

It’s like buying a car.  Don’t buy one that was made on a Monday or a Friday.  I’ve had my share of duds.  Send em back, try another.
2018-3-27
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I have had two different MPs. Never had any manufacturing problems with either one.
2018-3-27
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

OP I too have spent considerable amounts on DJI equipment (quadruple your figure and then some) and so far, have yet to be disappointed. Would I recommend DJI! Yes, without question, there are no alternatives out there providing the same quality products. So yes I am a DJI fanboy, No I am not on the payroll or sponsored by DJI, I am a normal customer happy with DJI products.
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. May I know what's the current version of the aircraft? Could you upload a shirt video of the gimbal issue? We'd like to look into it.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules