Flight Status Query. Am I really in P-OPTI?
627 6 2018-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansef1f9947
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello all. I have a simple question that has been confusing me.

I have been flying my Phantom 3 Advanced for a few weeks now. I have noticed when I click “safe to fly” to bring up the aircraft status page, it always shows the aircraft to be in P-OPTI but this is always when the aircraft is showing on the main screen as P-GPS? Is this right? I would think that the 2 should always be the same?

Many help or information is appreciated. Thank you.
2018-3-28
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Do you get the P-Opti status upon start up?
I get P-Opti  upon start up only while the GPS is searching for satellites.
After that it changes to P-GPS.
2018-3-28
Use props
fansef1f9947
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi eric, yes I do. Upon start up I get p-opti in the flight screen, but then it turns to p-gps after few seconds. I then check the aircraft status before I take off and it always says p-opti but the flight screen still says p-gps.
2018-3-28
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

fansef1f9947 Posted at 2018-3-28 11:22
Hi eric, yes I do. Upon start up I get p-opti in the flight screen, but then it turns to p-gps after few seconds. I then check the aircraft status before I take off and it always says p-opti but the flight screen still says p-gps.

You are good. Normal behaviour.
Just don't be too impatient after powering up your drone. And don't move it after you did so.
Once you power up the drone/RC/app, let the system settle itself.
It may take more than a minute till take off status is good.
2018-3-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansef1f9947 Posted at 2018-3-28 11:22

Next time, watch the satellite count and see how that affects things.
P-Opti is telling you that you do not have enough sats for P-GPS but the VPS system should be able to hold the Phantom in stable flight (if the ground has a suitable pattern/texture and lighting is good and you are within VPS range - 1-10 metres altitude).
When enough sats are locked then you get P-GPS.
2018-3-28
Use props
fansef1f9947
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ok thanks very much Eric. Il try that tomorrow. The order I do things (if I’m wrong please say).

1. Plug usb from RC to iPad.
2. Switch on RC
3. Open dji app
4. Switch on the phantom.  

Maybe I’m too quick in checking the aircraft status after connecting to the aircraft?
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansef1f9947 Posted at 2018-3-28 13:13
Ok thanks very much Eric. Il try that tomorrow. The order I do things (if I’m wrong please say).

1. Plug usb from RC to iPad.

This sequence is good. For your main concern, the status of the aircraft status and the transmission interface should be the same, however, sometimes if there is a delay or the status has not been refreshed, they could be different. You can try to close the window, wait for a while and open again.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules