Video is not straight and will not play
2433 15 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simon
New

United Kingdom

Is there a video software for PC or Mac that you have to view the recorded footage in?
My video is off set, the photo dumps are perfect but the video does not play and simply shows the first frame only at an angle.
I do not see anyway to correct this?

2015-5-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hi,
Did you update all of the firmware? Have you calibrated the gimbal already?

From another thread:
"I've flown a number 'of' times since last Friday... not problem other than I didn't calibrate the IMU and gimbal at first, and had a slightly skewed horizon."

Likely your issue as well, and easily corrected.. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2015-5-7
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

There is plenty of software to view and edit your video.  You will need to have the correct codec installed but it's a standard format so most should work.

I found "Any Video Converter" to be free and handy if you wish to change formats.

Adobe Premier is excellent but even (dare I say it) M$ Movie Maker is easy and there is a web version I think.
2015-5-7
Use props
ragz
lvl.1

Norway

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-5-7 16:42
Hi,
Did you update all of the firmware? Have you calibrated the gimbal already?

How do you calibrate the IMU and Gimbal? With the P2 I did this through the Windows Software, but from what I understand it is all done through the iOS/Android apps now... I am picking up my P3 later on today, so I am sorry if this is obvious ones I launch the app...
2015-5-7
Use props
simon
New

United Kingdom

Holy Cow, this forum is excellent.
Super fast replies and great info thanks. I think I shall run through the calibrations again.

Regarding the video codec I am using VLC player to view it ?? Anyone else had luck with quick viewing software?
2015-5-7
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Is it because you've recorded in .MOV (Quicktime) container and you are on Windows?

You might get maximum compatibility if you choose to record in the .MP4 container.

Playback of 4K footage might be an issue if your computer is old. Did you record in 4K? (Is it a P3Pro you have)?

PS: It is great to list a few more details about the situation
2015-5-7
Use props
brianweis
lvl.1

United States

Did you take the white shipping foam off the back of the arm/gimbal holding the camera? I had mine on for the first flight. I noticed the camera was shooting off center.
2015-5-7
Use props
simon
New

United Kingdom

Ok yes sorry for the lack of details I was at work and didn't have much time....

P3Pro
recording in 4K
Mac and Windows
Mov and MP4

Video seems jumpy still

The card is a Class 10, the one supplied
Foam is off
IMU calibration
Gimbal calibration done too

Calibration of gimball fixed the issue with footage off to one side (I believe not 100% it was that)

All in all the Phantom flies really well and the control is amazing, I just want to get the footage done and all good
Oh and did I see microphone settings somewhere or did I imagine that?

Any ideas?
2015-5-7
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

simon@simonbbc. Posted at 2015-5-8 01:18
Ok yes sorry for the lack of details I was at work and didn't have much time....

P3Pro

A microphone setting is certainly something you imagined

There is no microphone

DID you take off the little white foam-thing on the gimbal - besides the plastic gimbal protector (for transport)?
2015-5-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

He said, "Foam is off." ;-)

That was a lot of reading to avoid. Hahaha

Man oh man, I am getting anxious for my Drone...

RedHotPoker
2015-5-7
Use props
lebed73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2922999 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-7 18:50
Is it because you've recorded in .MOV (Quicktime) container and you are on Windows?

You might get m ...

Phantom DK, hi!
just a question.
i have Ph 3 Prof, and i want to switch video format recording from MOV to MP4.
I didn't find any switcher in app (Android) but in manual written that its supporting MP4 as well.
Can you tall me how can I switch to MP4?
thanks.
2015-5-10
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

lebed73@mail.ru Posted at 2015-5-10 20:25
Phantom DK, hi!
just a question.
i have Ph 3 Prof, and i want to switch video format recording from ...

lebed73, you can change the format of video capture within the app. Go to the right side of the screen and touch the icon of the camera with a gear. Select "More", then "Video Format", and you can select either .mov or .mp4 . Hope this helps.
2015-5-10
Use props
lebed73
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

dmwierz Posted at 2015-5-10 20:47
lebed73, you can change the format of video capture within the app. Go to the right side of the sc ...

dmwierz, thanks for this advice. will try evening one more time. yesterday spent more than 2 hours just to find this function in app. didn't find. in case do not find one more time will make screenshots with these icons and taps.
2015-5-10
Use props
simon
New

United Kingdom

So anyone else getting jumpy playback of the recorded video???
I have just tried again on MAC using VLC and still jumpy tried on three machines, two mac's and a windows machine running vlc too....
NTSC is on
2015-5-10
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

lebed73@mail.ru Posted at 2015-5-10 21:28
dmwierz, thanks for this advice. will try evening one more time. yesterday spent more than 2 hours ...

lebed, hit the little "camera"-icon-button above the shutter-button on the right (middle) side of the Pilot app. that opens up the camera settings. You can set a bunch of things there - including the save to MP4 or MOV (they are container files, the actual content is supposedly the same h264 compressed video).

Good luck!
2015-5-11
Use props
lebed73
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

dmwierz, FantomDK, guys, thanks.
i did it.
the problem was, that app was installed from Google Market (I believe that from market mostly suitable for Inspire 1).
so, I reinstalled this app from DJI website, form Phantom 3 section. now its works.
2015-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules