4444 15 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kim Aswani
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1574327 ft
India

Hello,

I just sold my Spark and got myself my Mavic Air. I have been facing this issue with my recording in 4K. When I import the raw footage into my laptop and open it just to view the footage I seem to be getting it all in slow motion. I record in 4k with 30Fps. I noticed one more thing that the Icon where the SD card is there is a small yellow triangle which seems to say that the card has some issues, but all the recording is fine. Can someone please tell me what could be the issue. When I import it to my editing software, Filmora when I preview the file its seems ok, but when I expand the screen to fit the full screen the speed again is slow motion. I am a newbie and I really need some serious help.....please someone be kind enough to tell me what I am doing wrong. Do you think its the SD card that does not support 4K...or is it my laptop that does not support 4K. I have taken about 50 videos in the past 7 days but I have even tried to reduce the file size to 1080p at 30FPS, but the same issue. Can I reset the drone to factory default settings and start all over again.Guys...please help. I need a solution. I am really getting frustrated. I thank you in advance for a solution. Please Help.....Please Help....Please Help.
2018-3-29
Use props
i_seb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 363501 ft
Italy

Probably your SD Card doesn't have enough writing speed, you should use at least class 10 SD Card for 4k, you can check the raccomanded SD Card on the instruction or online.
2018-3-29
Use props
Kim Aswani
lvl.2
India

i_seb Posted at 2018-3-29 01:16
Probably your SD Card doesn't have enough writing speed, you should use at least class 10 SD Card for 4k, you can check the raccomanded SD Card on the instruction or online.

Thank you sir...You are too kind to reply. I will get a new card and try. Thanks again.
2018-3-29
Use props
i_seb
Second Officer
Italy

Kim Aswani Posted at 2018-3-29 01:18
Thank you sir...You are too kind to reply. I will get a new card and try. Thanks again.

Just make sure that's the real issue, check your SD Class before getting a new one ;)
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Kim, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. So the SD card that you used is not the original one? If so, as the floor 2# mentioned, please change an SD card to try it again. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!
2018-3-29
Use props
Kim Aswani
lvl.2
India

i_seb Posted at 2018-3-29 01:16
Probably your SD Card doesn't have enough writing speed, you should use at least class 10 SD Card for 4k, you can check the raccomanded SD Card on the instruction or online.

sir do you think my laptop will support the 4k recording after I get a new SD card that can write as required by the Mavic...or do I need to upgrade my laptop as well. any suggestions on that if you are aware.
2018-3-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What happens if you record to the internal memory?
2018-3-29
Use props
i_seb
Second Officer
Italy

What are the specs of your laptop?
You'll probably be able to watch the file in real speed, but for the editing we need to know the power of your laptop
2018-3-29
Use props
Stevom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19245 ft
United Kingdom

As above, this is a laptop issue and it not being able to process the video. I’ve had this problem and had to upgrade my PC in order to edit 4K video.
2018-3-29
Use props
Kim Aswani
lvl.2
India

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-29 01:28
Hi Kim, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. So the SD card that you used is not the original one? If so, as the floor 2# mentioned, please change an SD card to try it again. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. I just copied a few videos which were sluggish on my laptop and connected my projector and tried...all the videos are fine. No issues at all. its my laptop i feel. But i will still record on the internal memory first thing in the morning do a test flight and give you my feedback. I am so glad as i was worried thinking my aircraft had an issue.
2018-3-29
Use props
Kim Aswani
lvl.2
India

Stevom Posted at 2018-3-29 03:07
As above, this is a laptop issue and it not being able to process the video. I’ve had this problem and had to upgrade my PC in order to edit 4K video.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I guess so and i copied some videos to my hard disk and then connected it to my Smart Tv and also my projector and they are just playing fine. I was really worried. Thanks so i really just need to get a new laptop...My wife is going to throw me out of the house....does anyone have a spare room i will need one soon...new drone...new laptop...I will need to move soon.
2018-3-29
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51135 ft
United Kingdom

Class 10 cards alone are not fast enough, you need to get a Sandisk Extreme 'U3' rated card with up to 100mbps write speed.
https://www.sandisk.co.uk/home/m ... treme-microsd-400gb

See here:
https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/

I know this from experience, I had class 10 and really they were only good enough for 1080P recording, I had to get a U3 rated one to get rid of the warning message on the Air.

2018-3-29
Use props
Psilikoko
lvl.1
Greece

Hi ,i just bought Mavic air and i have an issue with footages. When i export the 4k/25p  footage to the laptop is seems like plays in slow motion and with bad movement like the print screen below. Same thing with 2.7K/25p. The footage is ok only in FHD: 1920×1080. I tried to record in internal storage too , but i have the same issue.
My SD card is  SanDisk microSDHC Extreme Pro 32GB

2018-6-26
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine (MA) does this and it appears to be associated with low/er ambient lighting levels....
2018-6-26
Use props
Psilikoko
lvl.1

I just solved my problem. As i said i import the footage in my laptop. I realized that my laptop does not support 4k & 2.7k videos. When i import the footage in my desktop which is by far faster and with a very good graphic card and 16 Ram , videos are perfect.
I feel a bit ....fool but maybe this can give some help to others with same issues
Thanks
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Glad to know that you were able to identify the issue, normally if your computer could not produce higher resolution there's a possibility that the video will be forced to downgrade and it would depend on the capability of the computer or laptop.
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules