Red Flashing Light on RC
5474 19 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdc1941bd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I purchased a DJI Spark c/w RC last summer for taking photographs at my wedding.
It worked very well and the videos/photos we got were excellent.
Since end of August I did not take it out of the box - mainly because I live in Ireland and the weather in winter is not drone-friendly!
I have been trying for a few days to connect the RC to my phone and it will not, there is a fast blinking red light on front of RC.
I did some trouble shooting myself and unlinked the RC & Spark and was able to connect my phone to the Spark.
Now the RC will not connect to the spark using the Fn, Pause & customisable button - the red flashing light is still there and intermittent beeping.

Did anyone else have this issue?  I have read similar threads, and the remedy was sending the unit back to DJI.

Please help!!

Thanks,

Declan
2018-3-29
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

You also have to press and hold the power button of the Spark battery for three second until hearing a single beep with the remote in binding mode (Fn, Pause & customisable button procedure).
2018-3-29
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

Here's how you link the remote:
2018-3-29
Use props
fansdc1941bd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the comments guys, I had tried that exact method numerous times but the remote control just keeps on flashing red. I can’t connect to the remote WiFi either so it’s like the remote control is in fault mode.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansdc1941bd Posted at 2018-3-29 13:21
Thanks for the comments guys, I had tried that exact method numerous times but the remote control just keeps on flashing red. I can’t connect to the remote WiFi either so it’s like the remote control is in fault mode.

Just to verify, is your mobile device able to find the RC WiFi? May I have a short video of the RC LED blinking status? I would like to check the exact status first.
2018-3-29
Use props
fansdc1941bd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,
No, I cannot see the RC on my list of wireless networks.
Will upload a video now.
Thanks
Declan
2018-3-30
Use props
fansdc1941bd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hi
Can’t upload a video for some reason.
It is 2 quick flashes then nothing for a second then 2 quick flashes, repeated indefinitely
Thanks,
Declan
2018-3-30
Use props
flydav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 184226 ft
Italy

Did you put the remote close to the spark ?  About  20cm otherwise they won't pair.
2018-3-30
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

The remote might need to pair with the spark before it will start broadcasting the remote's SSID.  The blinking red light happened to me when it couldn't find a clear channel to use or clear enough to use.  2.4ghz is very busy where I live.  And this was standing in a farm field where you would think the spectrum would be open.
2018-3-31
Use props
fansdc1941bd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have tried to pair the remote and the spark numerous times using the exact procedure to do it but it will not pair. How did you pair yours gunship9?
2018-3-31
Use props
unihumi
lvl.1

Germany

fansdc1941bd Posted at 2018-3-31 08:34
I have tried to pair the remote and the spark numerous times using the exact procedure to do it but it will not pair. How did you pair yours gunship9?

Hey @fansdc1941bd, did you manage to get your RC to work again? I am having the exact same issue (with the same setup) and could not find any solution till now.
2018-4-17
Use props
fans7c797397
New
United Kingdom

Did anyone get a fix for this? I have the same issue, not seeing any one talk about this anywhere else.

I can link my drone to my phone, however my RC is intermittently flashing. Pressing the combination of keys (Fn + Pause, etc.) only results in one beep after maybe 5 seconds and then back to intermittent flashing.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

Try pressing the Power Button on the RC for more than 9 seconds to reset it
2018-8-7
Use props
fans39fedbf1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 477930 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Having same issue on a friends spark. Need fix.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans39fedbf1 Posted at 2018-8-7 11:19
Having same issue on a friends spark. Need fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience, may I know what happened to your RC prior to this issue? Where did you purchase the unit?
2018-8-7
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Silly question but is the RC charged up after so long???
2018-8-7
Use props
fans39fedbf1
lvl.1
  • >>>
Norway

Firmware update aborter early due to confusing ledsager om god app
2018-8-8
Use props
fans39fedbf1
lvl.1
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-7 14:10
Sorry for the inconvenience, may I know what happened to your RC prior to this issue? Where did you purchase the unit?

2018-8-8
Use props
fans39fedbf1
lvl.1
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-7 14:10

Hi. we where about to set it up. it is brand new. bough at online store japanfoto.no . Suspecting that firmware update was aborted early.
2018-8-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans39fedbf1 Posted at 2018-8-8 08:15
Hi. we where about to set it up. it is brand new. bough at online store japanfoto.no . Suspecting that firmware update was aborted early.

Hi, sorry for the late response. I would like to ask if your phone can be detected the wi-fi of your RC? If not, I'm afraid that we have to contact our re-seller for possible replacement or you can contact our team for further help. Thank you. Please see the link below.

www.dji.com/service
2018-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules