Sport mode in mavic pro
3061 19 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
karcio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313294 ft

HI, I would like to ask you about sport mode.
What is the difference between normal mode and sport mode. I've heard that sport mode helps somehow if pilot lost connection with drone, or if drone doing RTH but not in right direction etc. Is it recommend to switch to sport mode if pilot has some issues with connection between drone and remote controller? Or any other issues?

So far I'm happy with my mavic pro. Just trying to ask before I hit the connection issue

Regards

2018-3-29
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Sport Mode just increases the parameters (IE: Pitch, Roll, Speed & Yaw), if you loose connection to the RC Sport mode will not activate a re-connection. Sport mode comes in handy for practicing your flying skills and if you get caught in some strong winds it will fight them somewhat better but you will loose flight time as well. Best become very familiar with all the flight characteristics.
2018-3-29
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you are having issues with your MP and came gere to get help.
2018-3-29
Use props
karcio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313294 ft

DroneDriver Posted at 2018-3-29 15:00
Sorry you are having issues with your MP and came gere to get help.

HI, DroneDriver

I have no any problem at all at the moment, all fine. Just trying to resolve my all doubts
2018-3-29
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you are having issues with your MP and came gere to get help. After reading your question you bring up many more questions, to be responded to. What else do you NOT know about the device you are flying? I would advise that you read the manual, check out introduction videos or videos about the product. Treat it as if it were a real aircraft that you fly in, personally. It'a all about safety. I bet you would not leave the ground without at least reading a manual on how to fly an airplane. You are flying a device that could crash and damage property or even someone's health, DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST. Asking questions after the fact, never works out the best for you.
2018-3-29
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DroneDriver Posted at 2018-3-29 15:06
Sorry you are having issues with your MP and came gere to get help. After reading your question you bring up many more questions, to be responded to. What else do you NOT know about the device you are flying? I would advise that you read the manual, check out introduction videos or videos about the product. Treat it as if it were a real aircraft that you fly in, personally. It'a all about safety. I bet you would not leave the ground without at least reading a manual on how to fly an airplane. You are flying a device that could crash and damage property or even someone's health, DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST. Asking questions after the fact, never works out the best for you.

I can spell. I can't get my fingers to co-operate.
2018-3-29
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

karcio Posted at 2018-3-29 15:02
HI, DroneDriver

I have no any problem at all at the moment, all fine. Just trying to resolve my all doubts

The more educated you become, the less doubts you will have.
2018-3-29
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hi karcio - sorry about that nonsense from post 3, 5 ,6 and 7. Now to your question: sport mode has nothing to do with connection between rc and drone - there will be no connection issue related to sport mode.
Sport mode is most helpful in windy situations - the differenece between sport mode and normal mode is the speed potential.
Normal does (i think) about 35- 40km/h sport mode does 60 km ph - which means if the wind is too strong for normal mode (and remember that RTH speed is like normal mode speed) then going into sport mode will give you more power to get home BUT if the wind is even too strong for sport mode you will still possibly get blown away.
During practices in the wind stay close to your home position before getting brave and going far in the wind.

if in RTH mode and sport mode you must still push forward stick to max to achieve sport mode speed - by not pushing forward stick (even if in sport mode) the return trip will be a normal speed.

good luck - feel free to ask newbie questions here
2018-3-29
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

One other thing to be careful with sport mode is collision avoidance is turned off so it will not sense something ahead of it and can crash.  It is pretty much double the speed of normal mode.  You get 20mph in normal and 40mph in sports mode.  Sport mode you will get about half the battery life compared to using normal.
2018-3-29
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

As Bekaru MP UAV said "feel free to ask questions"
That is why the forum is here.

Fly safe.
2018-3-29
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-29 15:29
hi karcio - sorry about that nonsense from post 3, 5 ,6 and 7. Now to your question: sport mode has nothing to do with connection between rc and drone - there will be no connection issue related to sport mode.
Sport mode is most helpful in windy situations - the differenece between sport mode and normal mode is the speed potential.
Normal does (i think) about 35- 40km/h sport mode does 60 km ph - which means if the wind is too strong for normal mode (and remember that RTH speed is like normal mode speed) then going into sport mode will give you more power to get home BUT if the wind is even too strong for sport mode you will still possibly get blown away.

Thanks Bekaru,

I just learned something about the Sport mode and RTH. Did not know you have to push the stick forward to achieve full sport mode speed during rth.
That's what this is all about, learn from each other.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi karcio, please check the user manual of the Mavic pro from the website: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 0Manual%20V2.0-.pdf to know more details about the sport mode and normal mode. Thanks!

2018-3-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10411017 ft
Canada

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-29 17:18
As Bekaru MP UAV said "feel free to ask questions"
That is why the forum is here.

I found you to be very helpful in the past  Belaru  and I thank you for that.
2018-3-30
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-3-29 15:29

Safety and the importance of knowledge is always my point.
If you are going to tell them this one answer, OK. But tell them where to get more answers to the subject.

Having people come here to become dependent on getting every detail they never bother to read is not the idea behind a forum for learning and helping.

I have a lot of respect for all my teachers, they made me work for answers and helped me find the right path.  I don't even remember the  guy who was willing to slip me the answers.

I know, I'm a real pain, all that "nonsense" about safety talk,  learning for total understanding, etc....

2018-4-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14103563 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneDriver Posted at 2018-4-8 08:39
If you are going to tell them this one answer, OK. But tell them where to get more answers to the subject.

Sometimes people need simple clarification - you presumed he didn't read a whole manual based on asking one question about Sport mode. People learn in different ways. The OP has already flown nearly 15KM which is enough to learn the basics and at least he is not coming on here blaming DJI for his drone crashing or flying away. He is merely clarifying points.
You may have a different learning style to others and this forum is in place to provide a platform for those new to the hobby to feel free to ask open questions and seek answers from more knowledgeable pilots to assist their ongoing learning.
People do not come on here to feel patronised, awkward and be spoken down to in the way you seem to take delight in.
Bekaru and Diana's responses HELPED the OP - yours merely belittled him in a very rude manner. I suggest you consider your responses more carefully in future as they are far from impressive.
2018-4-8
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Sport Mode in all DJI drones, mainly gives the Mavic Pro more speed. It's used by pilots primarily if they want to get from Point A to Point B in the least amount of time.
2018-4-8
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you, sir. May I have another.
2018-4-9
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-4-8 10:16
Sometimes people need simple clarification - you presumed he didn't read a whole manual based on asking one question about Sport mode. People learn in different ways. The OP has already flown nearly 15KM which is enough to learn the basics and at least he is not coming on here blaming DJI for his drone crashing or flying away. He is merely clarifying points.
You may have a different learning style to others and this forum is in place to provide a platform for those new to the hobby to feel free to ask open questions and seek answers from more knowledgeable pilots to assist their ongoing learning.
People do not come on here to feel patronised, awkward and be spoken down to in the way you seem to take delight in.

I hope this thread will be read by many. I believe the points being brought out will help the regular forum member as well as the new comers who are seeking assistance.

DJI Diana proved us both right and both wrong. She did just what needs to be done for new people looking for help, show them the the answer from the instruction manual where the newbies should go to get the correct answers.

No doubt,  they have more of a chance to develop a routine of  going to that source whenever they have a question and coming here for further questions or clarification. Who knows, they might read the other parts they might have ignored after the part about how to charge the batteries.

My biggest issue is that coming to this forum for ASSISTANCE should be pointing to the manuals, intro videos, and the forum, in that order. If they need to be sent there each time, showing the answer with the location for that source used, OK. Then they come hear to get opinions from our experience. It's all about LEARNING and learning means you move to a step beyond being given answers.

My biggest fears are for those who might come here and ask about the 117 mph brick that fell onto the interstate with questions like, Do the motors stop every time you pull those two sticks to the outside corners? Answering,YES it not the right way to answer that one.  Why should they read the manual, when they can come here for answers until it crashes. This hobby is not kiddie cars running around the parking lot running into poles.

Questions like the original OP's reveal volumes and screams a user who needs to be mentored from the book where you take him to begin to self help.

I plan to approach this forum in a new way. I will start with your technique of being kind, shift to DJI Diana's technique of posting the proper answer and conclude with mine, directing to manuals, videos and my experiences and resolve of issues that I have knowledge of.

Absolutely delighted that we had this discussion.  I hope you are, too. I have to think we are closer to new understanding. I know I am.
2018-4-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14103563 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The point is that if someone has a question then the question should simply be answered to assist that member with that specific gap in their knowledge. It’s very easy to judge and presume - the OP may be a Captain of an airline for all you know or has already read the manual and simply forgot a section of what has been read.
Telling someone to ‘read the manual’ when they just wish to understand a specific area of the hobby (that is not always covered in the manual in the first place) is just a dismissive and somewhat presumptuous approach to take. He also stated to you personally that he was merely resolving a doubt i.e he probably knew the answer having already read the manual in ‘educating’ himself. Anyway, I’m pleased you’re taking a new approach moving forward - being polite doesn’t cost anything!
2018-4-9
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

DroneDriver Posted at 2018-4-8 08:39
If you are going to tell them this one answer, OK. But tell them where to get more answers to the subject.

Truly you do raise valid points but being IMO unfairly judgemental and belittling, i felt need some reply to.

The reason i speak out against it is because a, i feel it is unnecessary and misplaced on this forum b. it sets a tone that when left unchecked emboldens others who seem to delight in being mean to and belittling.

You provide helpful advise - would be super if you would be less 'cutting'.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules