I can't get the RC to update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
club411
lvl.2
United States

I have gotten the P3P to update, although their instuctions are way off.
As for the RC I have tried the instuctions, online tech support... well, that was worse than the instuctions.

When I insert the SD into the RC and power it on after about 60 seconds it just beeps with a red solid light. I have never seen a blue light.

I have also tried to connect it to the drone itself (as loosely mentioned in the instuctions) and can connect everything and instantly get a green light. However when I then hookup up the app is says disconnected.

For a company now valued at 10B with a 75mm addtional raise you think they could have a stateside team making these instuctions and customer service.

Any thoughts?
2015-5-7
Use props
chamb0 FPV
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i'm the other-way around, i got my Transmitter updated, but not my P3
2015-5-7
Use props
club411
lvl.2
United States

chamb0 FPV Posted at 2015-5-7 19:29
i'm the other-way around, i got my Transmitter updated, but not my P3

Did your RC turn blue during the update?
2015-5-7
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

I follwed the instructions to a T and had no issues.  
2015-5-7
Use props
club411
lvl.2
United States

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-5-7 19:38
Is there enough battery power for the RC? It maybe as simple as this...

Fullly charged
2015-5-7
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l used an SD for the copter and a stick for the controller. Do you have a sick you can put the file onto and try that?
2015-5-7
Use props
mail
lvl.1

Netherlands

young.selina@ro Posted at 2015-5-8 00:30
When I updated I updated the quad first with the RC off - it took 2-5 mins. Then I turned that off  ...

I made a little step-by-step tutorial video on how to update the Phantom 3 firmware, hope it helps you out...

2015-5-7
Use props
arthurbuquen
lvl.1

France

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &extra=page%3D1
2015-5-7
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the exact same problem and Dji support wasn't able to figure out the problem so I ended up having to box everything back up and send it back to the retailer for an exchange.  Did you ever get the RC to update?
2015-5-23
Use props
shepjohnlee
New

Canada

I have a very similar problem to yours. Have you fixed yours?
2015-8-1
Use props
monodogg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1035784 ft
United States

I have the same exact problem. The Phantom updated with no problems but the RC gives a red display that it needs a firmware update yet it displays normal. When I click on the error it says that the RC needs to be updated. I have tried multiple things no matter what I do it just sits there what the red light and four white lights. I call technical support nt told me to put the card through a reader directly to the remote control and it should work. No such luck. I have watched many videos on YouTube trying to figure it out and for the life of me the RC will not update. I don't dare fly this because I don't want there to be an accident. If I find a way around it and to get it done I will definitely keep you updated and let you know
2015-8-1
Use props
marshall.dougla
New
United States

I have the same issue. RC will not update. I'm hoping when the new app version is available, it will allow the RC to update firmware.
2015-8-4
Use props
sonofsky2010
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I have the same problem. When I turn off my aircraft the app show me to download the firmware and everything go to be OK.  I think it maybe a bug for the app that it show the wrong tips when the aircraft is connected to RC.  I think you can just try to connect your app with RC and does not turn on the aircraft.
2015-8-4
Use props
eric.tadsen
lvl.1
United States

I had this same problem and used a MEMORY STICK instead of a cf card/cf card reader in the USB slot and it worked just fine. Before that nothing would work. Thanks to whoever suggested the memory stick idea.

I think the main idea with these issues is you really have to try all sorts of different things.
2015-8-13
Use props
Viper989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891194 ft
Canada

Had the exact same problem . Finally got it updated with another USB micro SD adapter . The first adapter was defective
2015-8-13
Use props
khanz4996f
New

United Kingdom

guys i just figured out how to the upgrade on RC as i had exactly the same problem.
1- switch on your aircraft after you had done the update on your aircraft.
2-connect your phone / tab to your controller with the usb cable.
3- open DJI GO app
4-switch your controller on.
5-Tap aircraft status on top of the screen. (it will be saying rc update required)
6- tap on download rc firmware on your phone / tablet.
7- after download is finished tap start updating on your phone.
it should solve the problem.
2016-5-20
Use props
BlackBetty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21319 ft
United States

I just had this issue after being out on a shoot and having the fatal "RC Lost Signal" error message which I was totally befuddled by. My App was actually not telling me that my RC had to be upgraded which is why I was so confused on that error. That being said, I had to uninstall and then reinstall the app on my iPad Mini. Then, I did exactly what khanz49966f did above:

1- switch on your aircraft after you had done the update on your aircraft.
2-connect your phone / tab to your controller with the usb cable.
3- open DJI GO app
4-switch your controller on.
5-Tap aircraft status on top of the screen. (it will be saying rc update required)
6- tap on download rc firmware on your phone / tablet.
7- after download is finished tap start updating on your phone.

One more added step though:
8- after update, turn off the aircraft, then the controller to reboot the RC to see if it took

This has indefinitely fixed my problem and now it is finally "Safe to Fly". Granted, I missed my perfect weather yesterday, but alas. Hopefully your upgrade experience goes better in the future!
2016-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules