signal quality issue/short range
590 6 2018-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Black hawk
lvl.1
Canada

Trying to figure out whats going on with signal issues, I just noticed that after the last update I lost the ability to switch my radio frequency from 2.4 ghz to 5.8 ghz ? Has any of you lost this ability??

2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, did you try to change a device for check? Please reinstall the app and see if it goes well. I would recommend you save all the files first. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-30
Use props
Black hawk
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-30 20:21
Hi, did you try to change a device for check? Please reinstall the app and see if it goes well. I would recommend you save all the files first. Thanks for your support.

yes I've tried all that dump the app, reload, refresh, different device, fly in a different area?  but it won,t allow me to revert to previous firmware to see I regain the ability to change radio frequency between 2.4 to 5.8 ghz for whatever reason?? That ability makes all the differents for radio interference and distance depending on what channel you use for where your flying.
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Black hawk Posted at 2018-3-30 21:03
yes I've tried all that dump the app, reload, refresh, different device, fly in a different area?  but it won,t allow me to revert to previous firmware to see I regain the ability to change radio frequency between 2.4 to 5.8 ghz for whatever reason?? That ability makes all the differents for radio interference and distance depending on what channel you use for where your flying.

Please tell me the firmware of your drone and the model of your mobile device. Any error message? Please provide a screenshot of the wifi setting. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The P4 has never supported 5.8 GHz. You may have lost the ability to manually select which channel you use within the 2.4 GHz bandwidth. But that can be changed.
2018-3-31
Use props
Black hawk
lvl.1
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-31 03:43
The P4 has never supported 5.8 GHz. You may have lost the ability to manually select which channel you use within the 2.4 GHz bandwidth. But that can be changed.

yes It did I bought this six months ago and went through every setting in the app and it was there before doing any updates, I remember toggling back and forth.
2018-3-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Black hawk Posted at 2018-3-31 09:26
yes It did I bought this six months ago and went through every setting in the app and it was there before doing any updates, I remember toggling back and forth.

I have had my P4 for two years now, it does not and never has supported 5.8 GHz. Only the P4 Pro supports 5.8GHz.

Your avatar suggests you have a P4, from the P4 specification:-

Remote Controller
Operating Frequency
2.400 - 2.483 GHz
Max Transmission Distance
FCC Compliant: 3.1 mi (5 km)
CE Compliant: 2.2 mi (3.5 km)
(Unobstructed, free of interference)
2018-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now