3843 6 2018-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Avian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89301 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Can anyone please shed some light on the channels within the wifi?

What exact does example Channel 1 and, 149 mean. I understand 1-11 is 2.4 Ghz and 149 up is 5.8 Ghz, but what exactly does these channels mean?
Are these specific frequencies or a range of frequency?

Example if someone manually chooses same channel as me, example 149, would our drone interfere?

Other RC channels does channel hopping with the 2.4 Ghz range? Does it work the same way?

Whrn I manually choose a channels which is low green, suddenly the blue bar jumps up... Is this purely because the drone is now on this channels and it measures more noise, yet its still a stable channel?
2018-3-31
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Take a look at this Wiki page. It's a good start. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

Basically the channels are designed to divide the certain band (for example 2,4 or 5,8GHz) to a smaller predefined sections to prevent the interference. And yes, if two people use the same channel they will interfere with each other (the same problem is with WiFi routers in towns). That's why in automatic mode the DJI Go 4 App should try to find the best channel for you.

The increased size of a blue bar is normal. By choosing that channel you are effectively causing an interference for others that might want to use it. Don't worry about it.

2018-3-31
Use props
Avian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89301 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Thnx for the reply. It seems like in FCC mode the preferred frequency is 2.4 Ghz, as when I switch to CE mode (stationery in the same place) then the app choose 5.8 Ghz....
This baffles me.. I prefer to fly in 5.8 in FCC mode... But Auto switches me each start up back to 2.4 Ghz... Yet CE chooses each time 5.8 Ghz...
2018-3-31
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Avian Posted at 2018-3-31 01:48
Thnx for the reply. It seems like in FCC mode the preferred frequency is 2.4 Ghz, as when I switch to CE mode (stationery in the same place) then the app choose 5.8 Ghz....
This baffles me.. I prefer to fly in 5.8 in FCC mode... But Auto switches me each start up back to 2.4 Ghz... Yet CE chooses each time 5.8 Ghz...

FYI, the FCC is North American regulation and CE is European. This should be chosen automatically based on your current location (GPS). Unless you are using some software to cheat the GPS. You should not change this on your own as you might be breaking laws by that because each regulation has different allowed channels and maximal transmission power.
2018-3-31
Use props
djiuser_U2xCAxCbd3vy
New

Croatia

Hi everyone,
I have a DJI spark, and when I enter the wifi channels they are not shown. I tried to change from 5.8 to 2.4 but i don't have the option to change it! I'm searching all over the internet and I didn't manage to find anyone with this problem.
Here is a screenshot.
I'm new with this forum and I'm not sure I understood completely the rules. So I will try like this.

2018-11-4
Use props
djiuser_U2xCAxCbd3vy
New

Croatia

djiuser_U2xCAxCbd3vy Posted at 11-4 05:08
Hi everyone,
I have a DJI spark, and when I enter the wifi channels they are not shown. I tried to change from 5.8 to 2.4 but i don't have the option to change it! I'm searching all over the internet and I didn't manage to find anyone with this problem.
Here is a screenshot.

2018-11-4
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

djiuser_U2xCAxCbd3vy Posted at 11-4 05:08
Hi everyone,
Here is a screenshot.

Have you tried on both the WiFi and OTG?

Fly safely
Alex
2018-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules