Mavic air and new iPhone 8 compatability
1318 5 2018-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon Connelly
New

United States

I just tried out the new iPhone 8 with my Mavic Air and all goes well until you try and take off for a flight. The application says "unable to take off" and when you click on the warning I got a message saying to check the aircraft battery which might not be securely attached.  The battery is fine, no issue with how it is installed and when you click on the battery status it checks out OK.  Anyone run into this yet?
2018-3-31
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

It does that when one of the battery latches isn’t engaged fully.
2018-3-31
Use props
Jon Connelly
New

United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-3-31 14:58
It does that when one of the battery latches isn’t engaged fully.

I have 3 batteries and each of them causes the same issue, if I take and use my old iPhone 6 in place of the iPhone 8 it works just fine
2018-3-31
Use props
AdZaM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I have a iPhone 8, Not had any issues. Latest Firmware or Previous Firmware.
2018-3-31
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>

Are you trying to control it with the phone?
2018-3-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jon Connelly Posted at 2018-3-31 15:08
I have 3 batteries and each of them causes the same issue, if I take and use my old iPhone 6 in place of the iPhone 8 it works just fine

Jon, just to assure again, the error doesn't pop up when using iPhone 6 but exists in the iPhone 8, you are sure that the batteries are all mounted correctly, right?
Could you please provide me with the app version, the screenshots of this case and the flight logs of each case, the picture of the battery when connecting the iPhone 8? I would like to have our engineers to check.
2018-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules