"Walking the Drone" Using my Spark as an excuse to go walking.
510 7 2018-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SweeperAZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 725 ft

Hey all. I'm an OTR Trucker that's been taking my Spark with me. Lately, I've been flying it on my breaks as an excuse to walk and get some flying in. Anyone else been walking their drone?
2018-4-1
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I always take my quads on hikes.  I just quit my job of 15 years one year ago and went on a bucket list run of US destinations with my girlfriend.  Kind of a leap year. I am now looking at getting into OTR trucking.  Trying to decide on a company and a school.
2018-4-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, and my Osmo Mobile as well.
2018-4-1
Use props
SweeperAZ
lvl.1
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-4-1 11:48
I always take my quads on hikes.  I just quit my job of 15 years one year ago and went on a bucket list run of US destinations with my girlfriend.  Kind of a leap year. I am now looking at getting into OTR trucking.  Trying to decide on a company and a school.

Well, I went to C.R. England's driving school in SLC to get my initial training. It was 6 weeks of school, then at least 6 weeks on a trainer's truck before I went out on my own. They taught me a lot, but my trainer glossed over a few things he shouldn't have and I should've pressed the point before they inevitably got me in trouble.

These days, I drive for Covenant Transport and have been with them for 5 years now. We don't have a school, but we do have trainers for student drivers. Hazmat and willing to be a team driver is recommended as you get more pay that way.
2018-4-1
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I’ve heard that Covenant is mostly team driving.  Don’t think I’d be against that.  I live in Missouri and am considering Prime Inc. if they accept me.  
2018-4-1
Use props
SweeperAZ
lvl.1
United States

If Prime does schooling and training it might not be a bad place to start. If they don't do schooling, ask if they do training and tuition assistance. CDL schools can be $3000-7500, so if the company you work for pays, so much the better.
2018-4-1
Use props
SweeperAZ
lvl.1
United States

And as for team driving, my co-driver and I are each pulling just shy of $1300 net per week. But I should point out we're both hazmat and over 5-years experience. Since you're coming in a new driver, you won't be making as much, but you stick with it, the cash will come in.
2018-4-1
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SweeperAZ Posted at 2018-4-1 18:22
And as for team driving, my co-driver and I are each pulling just shy of $1300 net per week. But I should point out we're both hazmat and over 5-years experience. Since you're coming in a new driver, you won't be making as much, but you stick with it, the cash will come in.

Thanks for the advice brother.
2018-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules