First flight with RC controller
615 7 2018-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bytored
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56237 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]Just had my first flight with controller yesterday (no OTG cable) and wow the sticks make a huge difference for me.  
[size=14.6667px]Now I am hearing and reading many contradicting info on using a OTG cable, using cable voids warranty for one.  Why and is using cable actually the way to go?

2018-4-2
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Flying the Spark only with mobile device, I would say is primarily for selfies and very limited flying parameter. Nothing can compare operating the Spark with the RC. Understand that it is now a standard offering even with Spark only purchase. You can really enjoy SPORTS mode with the RC. Happy flying.
2018-4-2
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft

It lets the remote and the phone/tablet using the GO 4 App communicate much faster. I have found a large difference in the response of the video when using the OTG cable.
Are you using an Apple or Android device?
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Glad that you have fun with spark. I think cable may not be affected by wifi interference easily, but it is not supported now.
2018-4-2
Use props
bytored
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56237 ft
United States

drewhoover Posted at 2018-4-2 05:09
It lets the remote and the phone/tablet using the GO 4 App communicate much faster. I have found a large difference in the response of the video when using the OTG cable.
Are you using an Apple or Android device?

I am using an Apple 7s.
2018-4-2
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't use the cable. I've had mine out over 7500 feet. I've had relatively few problems.
2018-4-3
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I have a cable and have never used it.  I haven't needed it for any of my flights.  The OTG cable may solve problems for some people if those people are flying in an area with a very busy radio spectrum.  Each case is different due to the wide variety of environments the Spark is flown in.

No longer do radio control aircraft, such as the Spark, limit their flights to established model airplane fields.  Instead, they are now flown down city streets, over housing tracks, by apartment complexes, in formation with cruise ships off shore, and next to water towers festooned with microwave dishes and transmitting antennas.  What works to get the open WiFi channel you need for the Spark is widely varied.
2018-4-3
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

bytored Posted at 2018-4-2 20:09
I am using an Apple 7s.

Well from my experience, the OTG cable works very well with Apple iPhones. It is the buyer's choice to use an OTG cable or not!
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules