1221 9 2018-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 724472 ft
Denmark

Hi,

I have started using Litchi together with my Mavic Pro for pre-programming missions (Waypoints).

One nice feature is that when the Mavic is programmed, it can fly the whole mission even if the drone and RC is without connection. Or is it a nice feature ... I have flown several missions where it looses connection (when far out and behind trees) and then reconnects a couple of minutes later. And that is of course nice.

But I have also experienced that the drone suddenly stops on a mission because of a System Warning. That has always appeared when the drone and the RC are in connection with each other.

I am worried that one day the drone will stop when out of reach from the RC. Will it then just hang there until the batteries are empty? Will it start flying home at some point?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

PS: I have still not seen what kind of system warning I receive - I have just figured out that I shold press the top-bar to read these warnings ...
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Ole, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. May I confirm that did there any magnetic interference of the environment around the drone? Could you please change another open area where the GPS is good and no interference to try it again, at the same time, please provide us a photo of the error message if it is applicable, we'll look into it. Thank you in advance!
2018-4-2
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Litchi should continue it's mission regardless of warnings, the only thing that would stop a Litchi mission is complete loss of GPS signal, ( I think I read somewhere that Litchi only needs a minimum of 3-4 satellites to maintain the drones location, much like a Garmin Auto GPS ) Critical Battery Level ( Forced Landing ) and a manual Pause or cancellation.
2018-4-3
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Also when rc is lost Litchi continous his mission , so be sure make your last waypoint at home position!.
Be aware when doing a orbit mission and you lost rc conection, Litchi continue stay in orbit!.
2018-4-3
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-2 20:10
Hi Ole, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. May I confirm that did there any magnetic interference of the environment around the drone? Could you please change another open area where the GPS is good and no interference to try it again, at the same time, please provide us a photo of the error message if it is applicable, we'll look into it. Thank you in advance!

I did unfortunately not really get all the important information ...

If this happens again I will make sure to take screenshots.

Also - it was over a field. I am not sure what is in the underground but there was nothing that could create magnetic interference on the surface.
2018-4-3
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

QuadKid Posted at 2018-4-3 01:06
Litchi should continue it's mission regardless of warnings, the only thing that would stop a Litchi mission is complete loss of GPS signal, ( I think I read somewhere that Litchi only needs a minimum of 3-4 satellites to maintain the drones location, much like a Garmin Auto GPS ) Critical Battery Level ( Forced Landing ) and a manual Pause or cancellation.

You are probably right about its continuation. I could see on the video (when I came back home to the pc) that the drone actually continued its path towards the next waypoint. It might just have been the speed indicator saying 0 km/h that confused me.

I could also see on the video (live, when flying) that it did move. At that time I wasn't sure if it was only turning around itself or actually moving sideways along its path.

I will try to go to my "favourite lake" where it almost everytime I fly a mission will notify me that it stops and then be more patient about if it really stops or just cannot give me the right information about speed.
2018-4-3
Use props
Ole Frederiksen
lvl.2
Denmark

Jos A Posted at 2018-4-3 02:28
Also when rc is lost Litchi continous his mission , so be sure make your last waypoint at home position!.
Be aware when doing a orbit mission and you lost rc conection, Litchi continue stay in orbit!.

Fortunately all my waypoint missions ends near my starting point (intentionally). And so far I have not made any orbit missions. When doing orbits, I use DJI Go 4.
2018-4-3
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Smart RTH will bring it home before it runs out of battery. Make sure to have it enabled.
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ole Frederiksen Posted at 2018-4-3 03:57
I did unfortunately not really get all the important information ...

If this happens again I will make sure to take screenshots.

Thank you for your update. That's ok, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know and provide screenshots of the error message if applicable, we'll here for help.
2018-4-4
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Ole Frederiksen Posted at 2018-4-3 04:03
Fortunately all my waypoint missions ends near my starting point (intentionally). And so far I have not made any orbit missions. When doing orbits, I use DJI Go 4.

Orbit mission in Litchi provides a smoother circle, also you can plan this mission in advance, load and fly, you can adjust height and circle distance with your joysticks.
I like it more then The GO app.
2018-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules