DJI App Signal Bar Charts - RC and HD
2324 4 2018-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansef1f9947
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi guys. Quick question. On the DJI Go app at the top of the screen I have the symbol of my controller with a bar chart next to it - I assume this is showing the signal strength between the drone and the remote controller?  

However the symbol next to it reads HD and then another bar chart. What is this HD bar chart symbolising?

Which one is most important to keep an eye on when flying? I would assume the remote controller signal strength.

Any help explaining these two bar charts would be kindly appreciated. Thankyou.
2018-4-2
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The remote controller icon is showing you the remote controller signal strength (the uplink). The HD icon is showing you the video downlink strength.
2018-4-2
Use props
fansef1f9947
lvl.2
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 2018-4-2 11:10
The remote controller icon is showing you the remote controller signal strength (the uplink). The HD icon is showing you the video downlink strength.

Thank you msinger. Is it possible to have no RC signal but full HD signal? What would that mean with regards to the drone itself? Would I be right in understanding it that with no RC signal the drone can’t be controlled but could still be recording so long as HD signal is high?

Another example; if HD signal was low, say 1 bar. Would that mean that the recording to the sd card would be blurry maybe?
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the HD icon refers the image transmission on DJI GO App. The original recordings in the SD card will not be affected by the image transmission.
If the RC icon gets a low bar, you can adjust the antennas direction to get a better effect.
2018-4-2
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansef1f9947 Posted at 2018-4-2 11:19
Thank you msinger. Is it possible to have no RC signal but full HD signal? What would that mean with regards to the drone itself? Would I be right in understanding it that with no RC signal the drone can’t be controlled but could still be recording so long as HD signal is high?

Another example; if HD signal was low, say 1 bar. Would that mean that the recording to the sd card would be blurry maybe?

I don't think so. The downlink (video) should always disconnect before the uplink (remote controller).
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules