Mavic Air SmartCapture Video Quality @ 1080 Question
459 4 2018-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Karl Bedingfield
lvl.1

Hi there,

This past week I tried the SmartCapture feature without the controller or cell phone. It worked just great.

My problem was the resolution. As far as I can see, the resolution is set at 1080. When I edited the footage in FCP 10.4 and uploaded to YouTube I was quite disapointed with the results. There was a crazy amount of noise around 7:23 when I was running down a track with hedges either side. I'm guessing had this been available at 4K/100mb I would not have had this issue. I initially uploaded in H264, then I tried ProRes 422. both produced the same outcome.

I have no such issues with the master file. Are there any better ways to reduce noise from compression when upping to youTube?

The drone was quite amazing though. very impressed! :-)

Thank you,
Karl
2018-4-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Youtube is known for very harsh compression.
If your original file is fine, than I would not bother too much.
Now there are a ton of tutorials on 'best video settings for youtube' (not drone related, but that does not matter).
2018-4-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Remarkable piece of tech!
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Karl, please check the original footage from the Mavic air internal storage or SD card, as the floor 2# mentioned, if the original files are fine, then it is no need to worry so much. The video is interesting, thank you so much for your sharing, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Have a good time on flying the drone.
2018-4-2
Use props
Karl Bedingfield
lvl.1

Many thanks for the replies. Do you think there will be an option for SmartCapture to film in a higher resolution than 1080. It would be nice to be able to film in manual too.

Thankyou again :-)
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules