Notifications Before flights
455 2 2018-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bytored
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56237 ft
United States

I called my local Airport, Helipads to let them know I was going to make a flight.  TO say the least it was a huge cluster!   Pangborn Memorial Airport (EAT) seems like they never have anyone calling about pre flights as they had zero clue it seems,  Lady was nice but she called airport admin and although I live 5.8 miles, .8 miles out of the 5 mile radii, she insisted I was wihin 5 mile radius and gave me info on the B4UFLY app, which is how measured distance and discouraged me from flying my drone.  She then gave me a number for the airport controller because EAT is doesnt have a tower.  Needless to say after 20min on hold I get somebody whe says they are busy and will call back. give them number and no call back!  
Now my flights are no more than 100FT AGL and in a 500FT radius.  Heck,  People fly kits higher then I fly my drone in my neighborehood!  

Calling the helipads was usless!

Kind of just ranting here but what have any of you encountered contacting your local airports ect.?

2018-4-4
Use props
fansb6bccba3
New

United States

I'm retiring my drones. In B4UFLY app, even when I set to fly below tree top, less than 100 yards, etc. the app still insisted with
"

b4ufly.jpg
2018-4-4
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

If Sparks had historically been known to stay exactly where their owners wanted them, then your tree top and near you flight would be fine.  However, photographers are routinely losing control and letting the Spark fly off on it's own.  Now crossing runway center line.

Pretty sure the helicopter base of operations people don't care or have proceedures on how to handle a drone in the area.  Its like discovering a flock of birds in the area.
2018-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules