When can we buy an extra battery for P3?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artem.nedoshepa
lvl.2

United States

It's been some time and I'm curious when the P3 battery will be available to purchase?
2015-5-7
Use props
Alterastro
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Everything I've read says mid May. I bought the P3 with extra battery and I was told the extra battery will ship separately in mid May..
2015-5-7
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

You can purchase it right now from drone world dot com.  You just will have to wait for it to ship - which will be some time in the future....
2015-5-7
Use props
llll
lvl.2

United States

Just talked w/ a sales rep at B&H Photo earlier today -- he's been told from DJI that the timeline for extra batteries actually shipping out is "sometime in June."
2015-5-7
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

mswall@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-8 06:59
You can purchase it right now from drone world dot com.  You just will have to wait for it to ship - ...

Question is obviously not where you can "buy" it or "pre-order" it if you like, but where you can GET it. Sadly that appears to be nowhere.

I paid my local quadcopter-pusher for the package with the extra battery - and would then get the extra battery when they get it. Hopefully soon. One battery is a bit of a hassle. But it is so great being able to fly this beautiful beast - even if it is with just one battery.
2015-5-7
Use props
coreynach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

It doesn't sound like anyone can "get" it until late may, early June. A number of US vendors updated theirs sites offering pre-orders on stand alone batteries, and they did so because they go news from DJI that this (and apparently the turtle shell backpack) will be shipping sometime late may. So that means you probably won't get them until late May, or early June. I suspect all the "extra" batteries that folks are waiting on from that extra battery package are all going to be part of the shipments for the extra batteries vendors will sell. I guess it's possible that DJI ships out an earlier batch to those that pre-ordered the extra battery package, but I doubt that to be the case. If I were you, i would expect to "get" the battery sometime early June, and then be happily surprise if it arrives late this month.
Update: this vendor claims specially the week of May 18th... so perhaps you'll get them before the end of may. extra battery pre-order
2015-5-7
Use props
PaulOTron
lvl.2

United States

Hope this isn't off-topic... I'd like to know when we can order "JUST" a battery, or a couple.  I already ordered the "extra" battery and I know that will be shipped ASAP.  But ultimately I'd like to have 3 batteries, or maybe 4.  I'd be happy to pre-order a couple batteries by themselves.
2015-5-7
Use props
Advexure
lvl.3
United States

PaulOTron Posted at 2015-5-8 10:33
Hope this isn't off-topic... I'd like to know when we can order "JUST" a battery, or a couple.  I al ...

Hi Paul,

Extra Batteries are now available for pre-order and can be found here: https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-phantom-3-battery-extra/

If you have any questions just let us know.

Thanks,
Mike
2015-5-7
Use props
PaulOTron
lvl.2

United States

Advexure Posted at 2015-5-8 10:51
Hi Paul,

Extra Batteries are now available for pre-order and can be found here: https://www.advex ...

Ordered!  A bit more pricey than I expected at $149, but I'm used to P2 battery pricing and I'm aware that like the P2, the spare adds only $100 to the total when purchased as a package.

It will be interesting to see of my "spare battery" (from another vendor) arrives before my "other spare" that I just ordered from you.

As far as I know nobody else seems to sell them by themselves.  Even your website doesn't show them in the list of accessories.  Maybe at some point I'll be the first non-DJI employee on the planet with three P3 batteries.  Well okay, probably not.
2015-5-7
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
United States

again : drone world dot com - $129 free shipping
http://www.drone-world.com/smart-battery-for-dji-phantom-3-drone

thanks PaulOTron - there's the link
2015-5-7
Use props
PaulOTron
lvl.2

United States

mswall@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-8 11:29

Crap.  There goes some money.  And ya, I paid for shipping.

Suggestion: Put a dash in there when you quote the website.  I tried it without the dash and found nothing.
2015-5-7
Use props
todd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1063389 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd HIGHLY recommend NOT ordering from this location. First... it's not "drone world dot com. Second, it appears that they will allow you to order this battery now with no mention that it's not a pre-order. We all know there are no P3 batteries to be sold right now. Also, we know that the P2 batteries are $129 and DJI requires dealers to sell P3 batteries for $160. So I suspect "drone word" is selling P2 batteries as P3 batteries. This is 100% wrong as they won't fit.
2015-5-7
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

mswall@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-8 11:29
http://www.drone-world.com/smart-battery-for-dji-p ...

$35 (or more) to ship to Australia (DOH lol).  I'm trying to find if a local retailer here can supply them, but I guess they'd have to pass on the shipping charges anyway.
2015-5-7
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
United States

todd@copelandho Posted at 2015-5-8 11:38
I'd HIGHLY recommend NOT ordering from this location. First... it's not "drone world dot com. Secon ...

Nah. It's a P3 battery they are selling. It'll be fine.
2015-5-7
Use props
Advexure
lvl.3
United States

Genuine Phantom 3 Batteries are $149 which is DJI's MAP price. If you see anything below that, think twice as they're either knock-offs or not coming from an authorized dealer and would carry no warranty.
2015-5-7
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
United States

todd@copelandho Posted at 2015-5-8 11:38
I'd HIGHLY recommend NOT ordering from this location. First... it's not "drone world dot com. Secon ...

Took a while, but the Drone-World DJI Phantom 3 battery arrived today.  I paid $129.  It is a DJI authentic Phantom 3 battery.  Everyone should have ordered from them early.  Their price is now $149.  Bam.
2015-7-17
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

mswall@mac.com Posted at 2015-7-18 07:06
Took a while, but the Drone-World DJI Phantom 3 battery arrived today.  I paid $129.  It is a DJI  ...

Same with Precision Camera store in the US. They had them for $129 then raised it to match everyone else.
l got mine here in Canada for $170Cdn which is about $132 US.
2015-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules