Missing Flight Logs - Does Flight Log Fill Up if Not Sync'd w/DJI?
1668 11 2018-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
larryf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 891732 ft
United States

I just sync'd my flight logs with DJI for the first time since November 2017, and I've had about 50-60 flights since that time.  However, when I sync'd my flights today (April 4, 2018), it only sync'd flights through January 11, 2018, nothing past that.  I had eight flights today alone that were not in the flight logs.

My question is, does the flight log fill up and stop recording at some point?  Once sync'd with DJI's servers, are they removed or marked as updated so that space is available again?  I thought it would just drop off the oldest to record any new flights but clearly that isn't the case.

Thanks for any insight into how the flight logging works.  For now, I'll start syncing monthly to make sure they're all captured.

2018-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Unless your phone or tablet runs out of space, the app should continue recording as many flights as you do.
Synching to DJI should make no difference
2018-4-4
Use props
larryf
lvl.2
United States

No, not out of space.  Using a Crystal Sky and it shows plenty of storage available.
2018-4-4
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try synching All. There are time periods that can be synched.
2018-4-4
Use props
larryf
lvl.2
United States

Yes, I did sync all
2018-4-4
Use props
larryf
lvl.2
United States

Ok, found the logs - however - they're all dated wrong for the past several months.  

For instance, the flights from today (April 4, 2018) are dated March 6th, 2013.   The times are wrong as well, this flight is listed as occurring at 01:58AM.

It looks like the timestamps on the images I recorded have the same wrong date.  How do I reset the date on the Phantom to be correct?
2018-4-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

larryf Posted at 2018-4-4 17:52
Ok, found the logs - however - they're all dated wrong for the past several months.  

For instance, the flights from today (April 4, 2018) are dated March 6th, 2013.   The times are wrong as well, this flight is listed as occurring at 01:58AM.
Were the flights outdoors with good GPS?
You can't change the date in the Phantom (it gets time from GPS) but check that the date and time for the Crystalsky is set correctly.
2018-4-4
Use props
larryf
lvl.2
United States

Yes, the date/time in the Crystal Sky were wrong.  Apparently when you remove the external battery from a Crystal Sky, the date gets reset to the factory default.  There's no internal battery, or it's not working, to maintain the date/time if there's not a battery in place.  The only way to correct it is to connect to the internet, via a hotspot if you're out on a shoot, to get the correct time.  You could also just set the date/time manually if you choose to.

Now I know to check this before every shoot.
2018-4-5
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

larryf Posted at 2018-4-5 03:20
Yes, the date/time in the Crystal Sky were wrong.  Apparently when you remove the external battery from a Crystal Sky, the date gets reset to the factory default.  There's no internal battery, or it's not working, to maintain the date/time if there's not a battery in place.  The only way to correct it is to connect to the internet, via a hotspot if you're out on a shoot, to get the correct time.  You could also just set the date/time manually if you choose to.

Now I know to check this before every shoot.

The Crystal Sky will grab your local time and date from your Wi-Fi connections well.
2018-4-5
Use props
larryf
lvl.2
United States

Yes it will.  If you're connected to Wi-Fi.  The problem is that in the field I'm not connected to Wi-Fi, so when I turn it on, it picks up the default date and time which is January 2013.

Yes, I can connect to my Wi-Fi hotspot and it gets the correct time.  That's what I'm doing now.
2018-4-5
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>

This works for me, after flight, shut off AC first before you stop the RC, and close Dji go4 app at last then flight logs will always be saved, MO!
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated. Nice to know you have figured this out. Generally, the flight records will be saved if you choose Sync All. And the date/time depends on the mobile device, please check the time set regularly.
2018-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules