iPhone (ideally X) cover?
454 8 2018-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gameover000
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hey folks, what have you got? My spigen mid weight cover doesn’t fee like the Osmo 2 gets enough grip so keen to know if anyone has had a super thin cover still grip fine on the iPhone X or the other recent handsets (similar width!)
2018-4-5
Use props
Gameover000
lvl.2

United Kingdom

iPhone (ideally X) cover?

Hey folks, what have you got? My spigen mid weight cover doesn’t fee like the Osmo 2 gets enough grip so keen to know if anyone has had a super thin cover still grip fine on the iPhone X or the other recent handsets (similar width!)
2018-4-5
Use props
Gameover000
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Duplicate, apols - please close!
2018-4-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gameover000 Posted at 2018-4-5 09:07
Duplicate, apols - please close!

You can delete the other thread as long as nobody replied.
2018-4-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just click on 'edit' and under 'additional options' you should have the option to DEL the thread.
2018-4-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

And now back to your question.
It is officially not advised to have some kind of cover on your device.
I know some will work, but since they alter the balance of the phone, it might harm your precious gimbal engines.
And DJI can never test all combinations, so they state it is not advised to have any case on your phone while using it on the Osmo Mobile (2)
2018-4-5
Use props
Gameover000
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks Montfrooij, however, I’ve read this about the balancing issues...but why would it? DJI doesn’t program or know which phone I’m using, so aside from the sensor in the OSMO 1, why would balance ever be an issue?
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Gameover000 Posted at 2018-4-5 10:20
Thanks Montfrooij, however, I’ve read this about the balancing issues...but why would it? DJI doesn’t program or know which phone I’m using, so aside from the sensor in the OSMO 1, why would balance ever be an issue?

Hi there, Montfrooij has explained very clearly, if the gimbal isn't balanced, the gimbal will not perform well and the gimbal axis motor may get damaged, for iPhone X, since the size is very big, there may be not enough room for the phone case, thanks for your understanding.
2018-4-8
Use props
Gameover000
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Read my comment Mindy - the reason makes no sense. If an iPhone Plus works, adding the extra width of a cover on a smaller phone, ie my X, our logic makes no sense as it’ll still be smaller than a Plus....
2018-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules