Is this a bad battery?
918 19 2018-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

So as far as flying goes I got the normal time with this battery but when checking the battery data from Airdata I see this.  Notice what it shows for Cell 2.  Is this acceptable?  At the bottom it says All good no major deviations were found but notice the big number and in the yellow on cell 2.

2018-4-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey sparks - the information provided is inconsistent with each other so best to cross reference with another source. check on the dji app in the battery settings for another look.
For safety sake you may want to keep an eye on that battery for the next few flights: check to see if any swelling is apparent on the casing and check to see the temperature feels normal after flying.
My batteries are numbered for easier identification.
the dji app also gives battery error notices which can help. the errors warnings will give a heads up but do not rely on it entirely.

2018-4-5
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-5 11:47
hey sparks - the information provided is inconsistent with each other so best to cross reference with another source. check on the dji app in the battery settings for another look.
For safety sake you may want to keep an eye on that battery for the next few flights: check to see if any swelling is apparent on the casing and check to see the temperature feels normal after flying.
My batteries are numbered for easier identification.

Great thank you for the helpful information.  I will check it in the app as well.  There is no swelling that I can tell.  Like I said the flight time was normal with it.  I am also now numbering my batteries as well so thank you for the great tip.
2018-4-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I remember a DJI moderator stating that they will only accept batteries back under warranty if there is a cell deviation of 0.9 or higher. As Bekaru advised I would check the voltage output and cells within the GO4 app - go to the last screen in the battery section of the app and any malfunctions will be listed there. If any errors flag up in the app DO NOT use the battery.
2018-4-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I agree to all others here above, take the GO4 data displayed as benchmark first and you may crosscheck at phantomhelp: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Airdata has previously also displayed misleading data on one or two of my batteries of Mavic Air.
2018-4-5
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-5 12:26
I agree to all others here above, take the GO4 data displayed as benchmark first and you may crosscheck at phantomhelp: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Airdata has previously also displayed misleading data on one or two of my batteries of Mavic Air.

Excellent thank you very much for the info.  I will check it in the app next time I power it on.
2018-4-5
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-4-5 12:16
I remember a DJI moderator stating that they will only accept batteries back under warranty if there is a cell deviation of 0.9 or higher. As Bekaru advised I would check the voltage output and cells within the GO4 app - go to the last screen in the battery section of the app and any malfunctions will be listed there. If any errors flag up in the app DO NOT use the battery.

Ok sounds good and thank you for the information.  I have labeled so can track all of my batteries now and will check in the app.
2018-4-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool - let us know what the app says
2018-4-5
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Ok so the app shows all is good so I guess no issue after all.  Thanks everyone.

2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-5 17:20
Ok so the app shows all is good so I guess no issue after all.  Thanks everyone.

[view_image]

Hi, thank you for your update, glad to know that everything is fine. Actually, if there is an error of the battery, there will be a notification from the DJI GO4 app to let you know that, please don't worry, just keep close attention to the notification from the DJI GO4. Hope you have a good time on flying the drone.
2018-4-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Sparks, I agree with Bekaru and Andy. Air data has given incorrect info on battery cell voltage to me has well in the past. When cross referencing it with the Go4 app I found that the battery has no issues. The free version in not accurate on Air Data to get better and more Accurate readings you will need the paid one.
2018-4-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-5 17:20

[view_image]

Perfect - absolutely no problems there!
2018-4-5
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Yeah just relieved as the battery has not even been used 10 times.  So that is a relief.  
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-4-5 21:05
Sparks, I agree with Bekaru and Andy. Air data has given incorrect info on battery cell voltage to me has well in the past. When cross referencing it with the Go4 app I found that the battery has no issues. The free version in not accurate on Air Data to get better and more Accurate readings you will need the paid one.

Yeah I was looking at getting the paid version but right now I just do not see the need.  For me it has enough info of what I need so am perfectly happy with the logs I get.  I do find the info very handy and easy to filter through so it is nice.  You are the one that got me onto it so thank you.
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-6 06:19
Yeah I was looking at getting the paid version but right now I just do not see the need.  For me it has enough info of what I need so am perfectly happy with the logs I get.  I do find the info very handy and easy to filter through so it is nice.  You are the one that got me onto it so thank you.

Glad to help. I also only use it more to check flight logs and it is a place one can store all logs FREE.
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-4-6 06:58
Glad to help. I also only use it more to check flight logs and it is a place one can store all logs FREE.

Do you use a paid version because for me the free shows can only have a total of 100 flight logs.  
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-6 07:07
Do you use a paid version because for me the free shows can only have a total of 100 flight logs.

Nah, Free has well but under settings enter your Dji log in and sync you flight logs from there, it will bring all your logs onto Air Data
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Oh I did that already but if you notice at the top of mine it says Plan limit 100.  Maybe you were grandfathered in before they started that limit for new accounts?  

Here is what I am talking about
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-6 07:16
Oh I did that already but if you notice at the top of mine it says Plan limit 100.  Maybe you were grandfathered in before they started that limit for new accounts?  

Here is what I am talking about

Don't stress mine says the same but I got this:

Capture1.PNG
2018-4-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-4-6 10:06
Don't stress mine says the same but I got this:
[view_image]