editor stuck on image view / ipad mini
997 11 2018-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

ipad mini iOs 11.2.6, Go4 latest version - here's the situation starting just recently - when i go into editor and view any photo by directly selecting it, the back-arrow icon typically at top left of screen no longer appears when the image is tapped, and i am stuck looking at that image until i kill the app - no way to return to editor or app - any ideas, anyone?

2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Solestacz, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Have you tried to restart the DJI GO4 app and then try it again? Thanks!
2018-4-5
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-5 18:59
Hi Solestacz, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Have you tried to restart the DJI GO4 app and then try it again? Thanks!

thank you and yes, i have tried that. i have also un and re-installed the app - worked correctly one time, and then same symptom occurred - images will not come back out of full-screen view when tapped. also apologies, when it does appear, the back arrow is top left and not top right as i described in first post.
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Solestacz Posted at 2018-4-5 19:19
thank you and yes, i have tried that. i have also un and re-installed the app - worked correctly one time, and then same symptom occurred - images will not come back out of full-screen view when tapped. also apologies, when it does appear, the back arrow is top left and not top right as i described in first post.

Hi, thank you for the information. Could you please provide a screenshot? We'll look into it. At the same time, it is recommended to change a mobile device to try it and check if there is still a problem, thank you in advance!
2018-4-5
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-5 22:17
Hi, thank you for the information. Could you please provide a screenshot? We'll look into it. At the same time, it is recommended to change a mobile device to try it and check if there is still a problem, thank you in advance!

Thank you Diana - since I cannot access any options to take a screenshot, I have taken a photo - please note the absence of any options on the screen - none appear when the image is tapped, either - to get out from where you see my screen, I have to use app switcher to close Go4 and then restart it to get back into the app. In the meantime, my image is imprisoned in the app and I can do nothing with it.

https://photos.google.com/photo/ ... dFSPTzAO3nM7VF8KK00
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Solestacz Posted at 2018-4-6 07:24
Thank you Diana - since I cannot access any options to take a screenshot, I have taken a photo - please note the absence of any options on the screen - none appear when the image is tapped, either - to get out from where you see my screen, I have to use app switcher to close Go4 and then restart it to get back into the app. In the meantime, my image is imprisoned in the app and I can do nothing with it.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNAA1dKsALO81q5y6nLodFSPTzAO3nM7VF8KK00

Hi Solestacz, thanks for your efforts, the link that you provided is unable to be opened. In order to do the troubleshooting, could you please change another mobile device to try it and check if the editor stuck or not? Thank you again.
2018-4-6
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-6 23:19
Hi Solestacz, thanks for your efforts, the link that you provided is unable to be opened. In order to do the troubleshooting, could you please change another mobile device to try it and check if the editor stuck or not? Thank you again.

i did go back and try on my android phone - on it everything works. this is ironic because i bought the ipad for its  reported superior compatibility. on iOS, what would prevent playback mode in go4 editor from working?
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Solestacz Posted at 2018-4-7 07:20
i did go back and try on my android phone - on it everything works. this is ironic because i bought the ipad for its  reported superior compatibility. on iOS, what would prevent playback mode in go4 editor from working?

Hi, thanks for your update, glad to know that everything works on your android phone, under this situation, we can judge that there is no issue of the DJI GO4 app.
2018-4-9
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I have the same problem with the iPad mini... sometimes swipe down with two fingers works.. but most of the time I have to close the app to get out of viewing a photo in full screen.   I notice that the same thing sometimes happens on the iPhone  if it is in landscape (horizontal) mode, but turning the phone to vertical brings up a button that lets you close the picture... on the Ipad you can not rotate the app into portrait (vertical) mode so I am stuck.
2018-4-9
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
United States

LouisP Posted at 2018-4-9 10:22
I have the same problem with the iPad mini... sometimes swipe down with two fingers works.. but most of the time I have to close the app to get out of viewing a photo in full screen.   I notice that the same thing sometimes happens on the iPhone  if it is in landscape (horizontal) mode, but turning the phone to vertical brings up a button that lets you close the picture... on the Ipad you can not rotate the app into portrait (vertical) mode so I am stuck.

thanks!!! for the reply Louis -  at least now i know it's not my own insanity/incompetence, lol. i will try the 2-finger swipe, and any other display option i can in the ipad settings. whole thing just struck me as very ironic, given the only reason i got the ipad was to avoid various android bugs.
2018-4-9
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
United States

Solestacz Posted at 2018-4-9 11:36
thanks!!! for the reply Louis -  at least now i know it's not my own insanity/incompetence, lol. i will try the 2-finger swipe, and any other display option i can in the ipad settings. whole thing just struck me as very ironic, given the only reason i got the ipad was to avoid various android bugs.

I got the ipad mini just for the spark as well... It was Easter Sunday and I took pictures at a family gathering and when I was trying to show off the pictures I could not get them to close without shutting down the app...   Later I tried with my iPhone to see if it did the same thing and sure enough in landscape mode with the phone I had trouble getting the pictures to close.. but  I could turn the phone to portrait and there was a close button... but on the iPad you cant turn it to portrait mode.. my iPad is at home charging right now so I cant' try it, but the swipe down with two fingers works on the iPhone in landscape mode.   I do think this is a software bug that DJI needs to look into.
2018-4-9
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
United States

Solestacz Posted at 2018-4-9 11:36
thanks!!! for the reply Louis -  at least now i know it's not my own insanity/incompetence, lol. i will try the 2-finger swipe, and any other display option i can in the ipad settings. whole thing just struck me as very ironic, given the only reason i got the ipad was to avoid various android bugs.

I was wrong... I retrieved my iPad and tried... it is swipe down with ONE finger to close the picture.. but you have to be pretty darn close to straight down or else the picture moves to the next one instead of closing.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules