OSMO+ NIGHTMARE
818 12 2018-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6367095a
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am a HUGE DJI Fan.  I have many of your quadcopters, gimbals, and now the OSMO+.

The goal was high quality gimbaled video with a mic input to use at conventions to shoot both product and interviews.

IT HAS BEEN AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!!!!!

Even with the phone on the holder, the wifi connection is horrendous.  The image freezes, locks up, turns black and white, looses connection and even flat out crashes.

Although the OSMO+ itself continues to record, even the recordings have issues.  Notebly, audio coming out of synch with the video which makes editing a nightmare.

I have to be doing something wrong, I mean... a $1000 camera cannot work as badly as this... can it?  

Any advice you can give would be very much appreciated because after today, I'm ready to dump my $1000 investment in the trash.

2018-4-6
Use props
fans6367095a
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BTW -

My phone is a LG V20.
My memory card is a SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I/U3 Class 10.
As far as I know, I'm running the latest firmware and software.

Thank you!!
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans6367095a Posted at 2018-4-6 10:14
BTW -

My phone is a LG V20.

Hi, there. Did you try to reset the wifi of OSMO+? If the problem remains, I would recommend you flash the firmware of Osmo+. Please try to use the recommended device and see if it works well. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-6
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-6 19:11
Hi, there. Did you try to reset the wifi of OSMO? If the problem remains, I would recommend you flash the firmware of spark. Please try to use recommended device and see if it works well. Thanks for your support.

Haha.
Now you have to go buy a Spark to get the Osmo to work.
Sorry DJI Elektra. I couldn’t stand it.

Anyway.. I really hope you get past this problem and do not
hope for you that the focus problem hits you next.

2018-4-7
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oh, if you upgrade to the latest firmware then you will have the focus problem.  But at least it has been about 8 months since it ruined my OSMO+ with no more updates.  OSMO+ 2 haahaha
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dennish Posted at 2018-4-7 16:37
Oh, if you upgrade to the latest firmware then you will have the focus problem.  But at least it has been about 8 months since it ruined my OSMO+ with no more updates.  OSMO+ 2 haahaha

The latest firmware has fixed the focus issue, do you run the latest firmware? GTScreenshot_20180408_152058.png

2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-4-7 13:10
Haha.
Now you have to go buy a Spark to get the Osmo to work.
Sorry DJI Elektra. I couldn’t stand it.

Sorry for the type error, she means flash the Osmo+ firmware.
For the focus issue, please check my post in 6#.
2018-4-7
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-7 23:28
Sorry for the type error, she means flash the Osmo+ firmware.
For the focus issue, please check my post in 6#.

Thanks for the reply.
I know about the calibration process, but it only work for a short while. Then
its back unfocused. Really frustrating because You new know when it happens.
2018-4-8
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-7 23:25
The latest firmware has fixed the focus issue, do you run the latest firmware?[view_image]

I have the latest firmware and constantly have to calibrate focus.  The problem is, if you zoom, you will loose focus until you go through the whole mess again.  So therefore somewhat unusable.  
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-4-8 04:39
Thanks for the reply.
I know about the calibration process, but it only work for a short while. Then
its back unfocused. Really frustrating because You new know when it happens.

Sorry to read on this, if the issue happens constantly, could you please share us a short video or the pictures so that I can escalate the issue? Besides, what is the model of your mobile device and the APP version? Thank you very much.
2018-4-9
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-9 03:38
Sorry to read on this, if the issue happens constantly, could you please share us a short video or the pictures so that I can escalate the issue? Besides, what is the model of your mobile device and the APP version? Thank you very much.

Hi again

I'll see if I still got the latest video's and pictures showing the problem. If not, Ill record some
new to share.
I'm using an iPhone 7 with latst IOS version, and the DJI Go app latest version.

Kind regards
FarmerMac.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-4-9 04:11
Hi again

I'll see if I still got the latest video's and pictures showing the problem. If not, Ill record some

Thanks, please upload the original files to Dropbox or Google Driver and share us the link when you are avilable.
2018-4-9
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

We bought the Crystal Sky 5.5 to use with the Osmo and it is the best thing ever. Also, if you plan to record in 4k, get a V30 certified card. I have plenty of 128GB Samsung U3 cards that DJI certifies that work, but the minute i went over to a V30 rated card it all went smoothly with no problems.

Here is a video showing a quick set up of the crystal sky -
2018-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules