Mavic Air Indoor flight large brick building possible?
888 3 2018-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kharma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 711463 ft
Canada

Hey Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has or in previous models flown indoors in a large buidling with open spaces and multi levels with success? Any tips or suggestions as well greatly appreciated (prop gurads are a most) .
Old brick building renovated into large open spaces with arches into different rooms of various sizes. Also an open look thru from floors would be cool flying up thru and over looking down, VPS have any issues flying over an opening after flying 7 feet above carpet, then having 20 feet to below for 16 feet before going back over railing to floor height once again?
Some suggest hover RTN mode, makes sense so it does not raise and hit ceiling if losses signal.
I would think GPS will be hit or miss and mostly atti, some cool arches 4 feet wide, turn off avoidance to
go thru or not worth the risk?
Does tripod mode work in atti mode?
Can you just trun off front avoidance and leave VPS on?
2018-4-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flying indoors is risky and should only be done by experienced pilots who have previous experience flying in ATTI mode. If that's you then I advise the following: -

Put on prop guards as you say
Use tripod mode
Ensure strong, sufficient lighting with a clear surface for OPTI mode to be effective as GPS will be weak at best
Set RTH to Hover for sure
Disengage OA - downward sensors will still work - do not turn this off (separate setting)
Fly very slowly and carefully - I personally would not risk small openings
Take off manually using CSC and keep the drone directly in front of you - follow it from behind or have a spotter communicating with you
Best to also ensure that there are no drafts in the area which can cause sudden gusts of wind such as open windows
No need to calibrate the compass - best not to do that indoors anyway
Keep away from any indoor magnetic interference
Take care
2018-4-7
Use props
Kharma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 711463 ft
Canada

Thanks, I am use to flying in Atti as well. Just not sure about interior use in such a configuration of building interior.
2018-4-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kharma Posted at 2018-4-7 13:18
Thanks, I am use to flying in Atti as well. Just not sure about interior use in such a configuration of building interior.

Difficult one to gauge until you try I guess. I have flown my P4P indoors without any problems before and the VPS is rock solid but may be the Mavic Air would be better due to it's size.  
2018-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules