Phantom 4 won't turn left/right or front/back anymore
2383 6 2018-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
atryba2
New

United States

Hi.  I updated my firmware on my Phantom 4 to v2.00.0700 and my RC to v1.9.3 - and my app is v4.2.8.  For whatever reason now - I cannot get the Phantom to turn left/right or move forward/backward.  Up/down and rotate both ways all seem to work.  I've tried the following with no luck:1.  Changing Stick modes then back to mode 2
2.  Creating a custom stick mode
3.  Remote controller calibration
4.  Hard reset of the RC (via buttons), factory rest of the P4 (via Assistant 2)
5.  Re-linking the P4 with the remote
6.  On-screen calibration of P4 within the Assistant 2
7.  Reloading the app on my iPad
8.  Using my iPhone for the app instead of my iPad
9.  Various power up sequences of the RC, P4, App
10.  Creating the 'reverse' joystick configuration with a custom stick mode that swaps the physical joysticks with mode 2

I don't believe it is a physical issue with the RC since when I do item 10 - I can get the P4 to go up/down/rotate - but still no left/right/front/back.  I've also tried do a roll-back to the previous firmware - but Assistant 2 doesn't let me do that for some reason.

Need some help - been doing this debug for some time now and out of things to try...
2018-4-7
Use props
Parick Martin
New

I have the same problem, mine doesn't want to go forward,  I can go back and then go forward but not more than the starting point
2018-4-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Parick Martin Posted at 2018-4-18 08:23
I have the same problem, mine doesn't want to go forward,  I can go back and then go forward but not more than the starting point

Some obstacle in front of start point being detected perhaps ?
2018-4-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

They are mentioning that their drones are uncontrollable, not the camera or gimbal. Geez.
Can't move in specific directions, but others work.
Even after recalibrating and changing modes of the RC sticks.

How were you not getting this?
Are you using Google translate?

RedHotPoker
2018-4-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Parick Martin Posted at 2018-4-18 08:23

Is all of  your Firmware up to Date?
Are your RC sticks calibrated?

RedHotPoker
2018-4-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably inside in a smallish room joking aside as its not a funny matter sorry...
See Answer 3 in original post RHP ;)

I must ask, was it 100% OK before the fw update?

Please refresh the fw once again to eliminate any issues during the 1st update?
Make sure the RC is on, power up drone, connect drone to PC/MAC start up DJI Assistant 2, enter P4, FW, Refresh

If its still messed up, try the downgrade if its available, thats a LAST resort, try the refresh of the latest 1st

2018-4-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

This issues sound a lot like this one that also hit me, disabling the OA system made it flight again.
2018-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules