Do you have to wait to charge RC??
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Do you have to wait to charge your RC say 30 minutes after flight similarily how you have to with the drone batteries?  I know the reason being is to let the battery cool down but am sure that the drone battery is much warmer than the RC right after flight so wondering if same applies to the RC.  Thanks
2018-4-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I dont wait to charge Rc. Normally my batteries have the led 4 blinking telling me its to hot to start charge but the Rc charges imediatly even after flying 3 batteries full down to 20%
2018-4-8
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-4-8 10:57
I dont wait to charge Rc. Normally my batteries have the led 4 blinking telling me its to hot to start charge but the Rc charges imediatly even after flying 3 batteries full down to 20%

Sweet thanks for the reply I figured as much but just wanted to be sure.  I figure the battery in the RC does not really get hot so should not be an issue but wanted to be sure
2018-4-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-8 11:01
Sweet thanks for the reply I figured as much but just wanted to be sure.  I figure the battery in the RC does not really get hot so should not be an issue but wanted to be sure

Not really because the Rc has a built in fan that comes on when getting hot
2018-4-8
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

It's always best to wait for a battery to cool down completely after use. The hotter a battery is in use / charge, the shorter the life span. It is a fact no one can talk his way out of.

I am waiting one hour before I start to charge a battery after use.

Regards Leif.
2018-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You won’t have any problem charging your RC , it is air cooled charging won’t have any effect, RC very seldom get hot.
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, if the RC is too hot after use, then it is recommended to wait for a while until it cools down. Thanks!
2018-4-8
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-8 17:58
Hi there, if the RC is too hot after use, then it is recommended to wait for a while until it cools down. Thanks!

Hi DJI Diana and thanks for your response.  But how will you know if it is too hot, will you notice by the touch enough to know if it is or not?  I mean isn't the battery far enough inside that you really cannot tell the temperature of the battery?  It is a different story with the craft battery and can easily tell how warm it is.
2018-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules