phantom 3 4k calibration error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104121 ft
Denmark

Hello friends.. i just got my phantom 3.... I thought it was the Pro or SE version. but no..

it is the phantom 3 4k version...

I just got a phantom 3 4k .. And i can not fly it because it needs calibration..
but everytime i calibrate this thing. it will not calibrate at all,..
I have tried many times with no luck.

please help me so i can go out and fly this baby..

calibration all the time error.png

2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, please calibrate it in open area without any interference. Please connect your drone with app and try again, thanks for your support.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Miaz, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? Does the issue appear in every place or every flight? If yes, I'm afraid that you may have to send the unit in for diagnosis. You can start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-9
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-9 19:17
Hey Miaz, has the drone been involved in the crash or hard landing before? Does the issue appear in every place or every flight? If yes, I'm afraid that you may have to send the unit in for diagnosis. You can start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support

it appear everytime i want to fly. and it will not let me fly..
2018-4-17
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

if you are near your car ( for example) is enough to get a fail in the calibration step ...
2018-4-17
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-4-17 02:53
if you are near your car ( for example) is enough to get a fail in the calibration step ...

yes. but i was out in the field. and there was long way from my car and other metal objects. i even took out my was and then calibrate. but it just say failed calibration.
2018-4-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Miaz Posted at 2018-4-19 05:08
yes. but i was out in the field. and there was long way from my car and other metal objects. i even took out my was and then calibrate. but it just say failed calibration.

When you have that error and callibration always fails, it's most likely that the compass is disconnected.
You can confirm by going to the Sensors section of the app settings.
See what is showing for the compass.
If it's showing numbers, your compass is connected and the problem is elsewhere.
But if it's showing zero, the compass is disconnected and will never calibrate until that is fixed.
The most common cause is a broken wire in the landing gear.
Otherwise it could be a loose connection to the motherboard.
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Miaz Posted at 2018-4-17 02:49
it appear everytime i want to fly. and it will not let me fly..

Sorry about this. I'll insist on sending the unit in if it is still in warranty period.
2018-4-19
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2018-4-19 13:17
When you have that error and callibration always fails, it's most likely that the compass is disconnected.
You can confirm by going to the Sensors section of the app settings.
See what is showing for the compass.

hmm i was actually thinking of that couple of days ago..
i hope that the wire has just disconnected from the motherboard. maybe in the transport when i bought this used..
the seller told me that he flew it and it worked.. so maybe thats it..
2018-4-24
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-19 22:46
Sorry about this. I'll insist on sending the unit in if it is still in warranty period.

hello friend. Im afraid that it is not in warranty period.. i bought this second hand,..
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Miaz Posted at 2018-4-24 00:44
hello friend. Im afraid that it is not in warranty period.. i bought this second hand,..

All right. I've read your other posts well. Repair fees may need to pay if the warranty expires.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help.
2018-4-27
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-27 01:37
All right. I've read your other posts well. Repair fees may need to pay if the warranty expires.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help.

i would like to have a free service. after i am flying with dji phantom 1, 2, 3 and now i have ordered a phantom 4 because i use money on you.
2018-5-17
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Miaz Posted at 2018-4-24 00:44

That you bought it second hand does not mean that it is out of warranty, it all depend on the date of original purchase, just saying.
You might need a receipt or copy of it.
2018-5-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Miaz Posted at 2018-5-17 05:56
i would like to have a free service. after i am flying with dji phantom 1, 2, 3 and now i have ordered a phantom 4 because i use money on you.

Just one thing to try, when it says to rotate the aircraft through a full circle, try going a bit further than a full circle. Often it does not work because you did not complete the circle. And do it slowly.
2018-5-17
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

I Thisted the Compass is not working. Maybe a broken Wire or loose Wire in the motherboard.
1526656632669798278722.jpg
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Miaz Posted at 2018-5-17 05:56
i would like to have a free service. after i am flying with dji phantom 1, 2, 3 and now i have ordered a phantom 4 because i use money on you.

Whether it is free service or not depends on the damage assessment of the right team. I'm sorry we cannot promise you anything before sending in.
2018-5-21
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-21 03:14
Whether it is free service or not depends on the damage assessment of the right team. I'm sorry we cannot promise you anything before sending in.

okay. i think i will open up my phantom to see if there is a connection issue or its just a faulty compass i need to change.
2018-6-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Miaz Posted at 2018-6-25 23:22
okay. i think i will open up my phantom to see if there is a connection issue or its just a faulty compass i need to change.

With all zeros on the display, it's either a bad connection at the motherboard or a broken wire down in the bottom of the landing gear.
2018-6-25
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-25 23:59
With all zeros on the display, it's either a bad connection at the motherboard or a broken wire down in the bottom of the landing gear.

That i think is true. i hope it is a easy fix.
Because the guy i bought it from sayd to me that he flew it before sending it to me.
And i have not been flying with this drone yet. so i hope it is the connection. if not. i might buy a new compass for it..
2018-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules