Question about Mavic Air battery
1649 16 2018-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kotsev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 135387 ft
Bulgaria

Hi, I am relatively new to DJI products and would like to ask for an advice about batery purchase. I have the Mavic Air basic pack with one battery and bought one additional afterwards. However I am thinking to buy more as the juice is just never enough with this amazing gadget Do you think that when the new Mavic is released there is some chance prices to go down or this is not how DJI works?
2018-4-9
Use props
Thoarax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 488484 ft
United States

The problem with waiting is there is zero evidence from Dji that there will be a new Mavic in the near future. Everything you read about it, no matter what the source (unless it is directly from Dji) is pure speculation.
2018-4-9
Use props
Kotsev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Understood - in this case it's not worth waiting and losing precious moments just to save couple of bucks ...
2018-4-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even if they released the Mavic Pro 2 tomorrow it is highly unlikely that the MA will price drop and accessory items rarely drop in price. Batteries for Phantom 3's made in 2015 are still the same price in most dealers today. The original Mavic Pro price dropped but replacement batteries remain the same price as they were when first released in 2016. I wouldn't wait - buy now as you'll need 3 or 4 with the Air  
2018-4-9
Use props
Kotsev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

A CW Posted at 2018-4-9 06:45
Even if they released the Mavic Pro 2 tomorrow it is highly unlikely that the MA will price drop and accessory items rarely drop in price. Batteries for Phantom 3's made in 2015 are still the same price in most dealers today. The original Mavic Pro price dropped but replacement batteries remain the same price as they were when first released in 2016. I wouldn't wait - buy now as you'll need 3 or 4 with the Air

Yes - this is what I wanted to understand. You guys are perhaps following the products and portfolio way before me so I will directly go and buy the new pack of juice
2018-4-9
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Agreed, don't wait, buy now and buy official DJI batteries.  The air is a fabulous little drone, you will need a few batteries.
2018-4-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kotsev Posted at 2018-4-9 06:49
Yes - this is what I wanted to understand. You guys are perhaps following the products and portfolio way before me so I will directly go and buy the new pack of juice

I would for sure - get a couple if your budget can stretch then you'll get over a full hour with 3 pit stops on 4 batteries and feel like you've been out with it. An hour tends to be the sweet spot.
2018-4-9
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

don't buy off brand batteries either. Stick to DJI brand ONLY. Get them directly from DJI. Too many shysters on Ebay. Remember, the quad is only as good as the fuel that is running it.
2018-4-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

As others have mentioned already, a price drop for the batteries is very unlikely. One hint when you have several: Number them with little stickers on the inside to ensure balanced use of all of them.
2018-4-9
Use props
Kotsev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-9 08:51
As others have mentioned already, a price drop for the batteries is very unlikely. One hint when you have several: Number them with little stickers on the inside to ensure balanced use of all of them.

That's actually a pretty good hint! Very much appreciated! As for the rest of the comments I bought and will for sure buy in the future the original batteries from DJI only. I am watching quite a lot of YouTube channels for drones and a lot of people are complaining that they got scammed from some e-Bay re-sellers. But what they expect when the price is 1/3 of the original DJI store value?! As far as I know the DJI batteries are quite complicated and even some will say that all is made in china still the clone is not even close!
2018-4-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Kotsev Posted at 2018-4-9 09:13
That's actually a pretty good hint! Very much appreciated! As for the rest of the comments I bought and will for sure buy in the future the original batteries from DJI only. I am watching quite a lot of YouTube channels for drones and a lot of people are complaining that they got scammed from some e-Bay re-sellers. But what they expect when the price is 1/3 of the original DJI store value?! As far as I know the DJI batteries are quite complicated and even some will say that all is made in china still the clone is not even close!

You are most welcome :-) I have four of them right now and still testing if that number will meet my usual needs, but it is a good basis already. For my former Spark I had six. Using them on an equal basis will help to get the maximum normal lifespan out of them.
2018-4-9
Use props
Kotsev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-9 11:21
You are most welcome :-) I have four of them right now and still testing if that number will meet my usual needs, but it is a good basis already. For my former Spark I had six. Using them on an equal basis will help to get the maximum normal lifespan out of them.

That sounds pretty good. Till yesterday I was flying only in normal mode and with two batteries I was able to do around 30-35 minutes depending on the weather and flight purpose. Today I felt more confident and tried the sport mode which honestly I liked a lot - the aircraft changes it's entire behavior but it's also more power thirsty!
2018-4-9
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Kotsev Posted at 2018-4-9 06:37
Understood - in this case it's not worth waiting and losing precious moments just to save couple of bucks ...

Most definitely - I would not wait and go for it
2018-4-9
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Bill B Posted at 2018-4-9 08:19
don't buy off brand batteries either. Stick to DJI brand ONLY. Get them directly from DJI. Too many shysters on Ebay. Remember, the quad is only as good as the fuel that is running it.

So true, clone battery fail and here goes your Mavic from the sky...  
2018-4-9
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

DJI should offer a standalone flymore option.
2018-4-9
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I have and feel like 4 batteries are perfect.  I can get over an hour and after thirty minutes you can start charging the first battery.  I feel like if you can get a good hour flying then that is good.  4 will ensure you can more than do that.  
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Kotsev Posted at 2018-4-9 11:33
That sounds pretty good. Till yesterday I was flying only in normal mode and with two batteries I was able to do around 30-35 minutes depending on the weather and flight purpose. Today I felt more confident and tried the sport mode which honestly I liked a lot - the aircraft changes it's entire behavior but it's also more power thirsty!

Glad to know that you have felt more confident in flying the drone, enjoy it and happy flying. Really appreciate your support to DJI products.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules