Phantom 2 Will not find satellites
1354 7 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beave53
lvl.1

United States

I recently upgraded motors and ECS s to V3 along with the compass.  Everything works accept the GPS, At startup the P2 will not complete the initiation sequence only get the first 3 beeps then yellow flashing lights.  I have FPV, with the mini iSOD and H33d gimbal.  All work fine but no GPS do  I  need new GPS unit?  
2015-5-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

When you took the shell apart, did you plug the GPS unit back into the correct position where it says GPS?
2015-5-8
Use props
Beave53
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-8 23:10
When you took the shell apart, did you plug the GPS unit back into the correct position where it say ...

Absolutely, everything is as it should be Soldering is clean and precise too.
thank you
2015-5-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Beave53 Posted at 2015-5-8 23:25
Absolutely, everything is as it should be Soldering is clean and precise too.
thank you

I put in the GPS shield and had the FPS plugged into the wrong spot, it was acting like yours is doing now.  I took the shield back off and the plug was on the back of the board to the right side of the 4 white plugs.  My mistake.  After I got it in the right spot, everything was working ok.
2015-5-8
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3176083 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah sounds like the GPS is not plugged in. I took apart my phantom and then I wanted to start it up without the top shell on and I got the same sequence of lights that you're getting.If I were you I would doublecheck that connection.
2015-5-8
Use props
Beave53
lvl.1

United States

Thank you I will revisit the whole think.

Mark
2015-5-8
Use props
Beave53
lvl.1

United States

Just took everything apart and reconnected everything...now I find 12 satellites but still only get three beeps at start but I guess  it is okay. test flight tomorrow.
thank you guys
2015-5-8
Use props
Beave53
lvl.1

United States

Test Flight Success...The upgrades are have made my Phantom 2 expectantly  more stable and more responsive.  I would recommend upgrades, Motors ESC and Compass.

thank you
2015-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules