1667 16 2018-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My 11th flight today, same field as before, but a slightly different location in the field.
Preflight was normal, powered on controller then aircraft, waited for the controller to show the green light, connected my iPhone to the Spark RC wifi and on booting up the DJI Go 4 App, I could see the aircraft, left hand bar was green with GPS mode.
Took off and flew normally - at about 100 metres high, probably 150 to 200 metres away my controller showed a red bar in the left hand status window and the message "Connection with aircraft lost" this followed very quickly by a "return to home" message...My Spark seemed to be flying behind me and away from the set home point, so I cancelled the return to home lowered the height of the Spark and flew it manually back to me.
As Spark flew closer to me, the red status bar changed to green and GPS mode again...As I had about 50% power left, I climbed a little higher and flew ciruits of the field, keeping fairly close to me, but could not replicate the problem.
It's been very misty earlier, so probably more moisture in the air, could that lower signal transmission range?
Landed and flew without incident again with the second battery, but I have to admit, seeing the red "connection lost" message was a little scary.
Thanks,
Chris

Wym Abbey in the mist

Wym Abbey in the mist
2018-4-10
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

great photo of the Abbey. i suspect you're correct - the dense atmosphere may have interfered with your signal.
2018-4-10
Use props
sSkyPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Oh boy... Very nice picture of a Castle... My thought was that your antenne weren't adjusted to the bird... But, having no problems later may mean your device wifi lose it's connection then for one reasonor the other. Maybe the app couldn't load all in time to start or the wifi was getting interence.
2018-4-10
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

-- It's been very misty earlier, so probably more moisture in the air, could that lower signal transmission range? --

It is water in the air, so : yes, that can have a affect on the save distance.
How much time / distance did you let the bird 'pass' the Homepoint during RTH?
At 100m up, that ia not so easy to verify just on top off you, methinks.

Very nice picture, by the way
2018-4-10
Use props
Artur Macau
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256549 ft
Macao

If i understand correctly, if u were able to always control Spark, then the RC never got disconnected from the drone, for sure u had a green light on the RC, ur phone got disconnected from the RC, and u will also see the message "aircraft disconnected" ...
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please fly in sunny day and I would not recommend you fly across the cloud or fog as it may have a bad influence on the VPS.
flight environment.PNG
2018-4-10
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

As Elecktra said it's a No NO!  but, man what a nice shot.  
2018-4-10
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

That "connection lost" message is a scary one! It has happened to me even in really good conditions, so I wouldn't necessarily blame the fog.
2018-4-10
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-4-10 17:46
-- It's been very misty earlier, so probably more moisture in the air, could that lower signal transmission range? --

It is water in the air, so : yes, that can have a affect on the save distance.

Thank you, I had to turn around to see the Spark as it had flown behind me, and looked to be getting further away.  At that height it was difficult to judge, but had been flying in front of my position, so am reasonably sure that it was not returning to my take off point.
Relieved that the second flight was error free.
Thanks,
Chris
2018-4-10
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-10 19:15
Please fly in sunny day and I would not recommend you fly across the cloud or fog as it may have a bad influence on the VPS.

Thank you, was very misty, I did  not know not to fly in fog!
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-4-11 00:01
Thank you, was very misty, I did  not know not to fly in fog!

I see. Please read the manual carefully before flight. Have a nice flight!
2018-4-11
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-11 00:04
I see. Please read the manual carefully before flight. Have a nice flight!

Thank you. My FlyMore combo only came with a short quick start guide, ciould you please link to a PDF of the manual?
Thank you.
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-4-11 00:49
Thank you. My FlyMore combo only came with a short quick start guide, ciould you please link to a PDF of the manual?
Thank you.

Sure. Here is the manual for your reference: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 0Manual%20V1.6-.pdf
2018-4-11
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-11 03:17
Sure. Here is the manual for your reference: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/Spark%20User%20Manual%20V1.6-.pdf

Thank you very much!
Chris
2018-4-11
Use props
Koogs
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-11 03:17
Sure. Here is the manual for your reference: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/Spark%20User%20Manual%20V1.6-.pdf

Wow.  I have a Flymore combo, I didn't realize there was a manual like this,  it didn't come with my Spark
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Koogs Posted at 2018-4-11 05:50
Wow.  I have a Flymore combo, I didn't realize there was a manual like this,  it didn't come with my Spark

Glad it help you. Have fun with spark!
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-4-11 05:15
Thank you very much!
Chris

You are welcome.
2018-4-11
Use props