Is there a way to reconnect in-flight?
693 4 2018-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_otZmYDGJoyYN
New
United States

Getting multiple disconnects.  Unit returns to home and lands.  Is there a way to reconnect in flight?
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, it was aircraft disconnect at that time, right? You can try to adjust the antennas, select a channel with less noise, avoid flying in a place with much interference and obstacles around, choose open areas for flying. Of course, please also keep the firmware updated. See if it helps.
2018-4-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>

Where are you flying around? Antennas stasright up facing the AC. What device and version are you using. Also force close all aps and stay in airplane mode.
2018-4-11
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

When you say multiple disconnects, is this loss of Control or loss of video only?  Loss of Video feed is usually the USB cable getting flaky.  Replace the cable and use the bottom port on the controller.  Loss of connection between the RC and the AC is a whole other problem.  
2018-4-12
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Man I tell you What, if there is a way I would love to know about it. I can not reconnect to the quad after it looses the signal from the controller. It just RTH and lands. I've had it happen 60 feet away and 20 feet in the air, and it won't reconnect. Tried shutting down the app and reopening it. Tried shutting off controller and restarting it. Every imaginable sequence to get it to reconnect as it is RTH. Nothing. Once it lands and I restart everything, App, Controller, And Mavic, It will reconnect. But then you fly again and it might work for a bit or it might not. It's a crap shoot. To further that I live in the middle of nowhere, no WiFi interference at all, so that is not the issue. Happens on 2.4 or 5.8ghz. Waiting for better weather (yeah right). If it continues it is going back under warranty.
2018-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules