Waypoints
1100 14 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd7292c62
lvl.2
Australia

Hi just wondering if waypoints is something we can expect in future updates to the Air.  A simple but very useful feature I’m sure many people would be keen to see on the Mavic Air

Thanks
Jordan
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for you feedback. I would help you forward it.
2018-4-12
Use props
fansd7292c62
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-12 04:14
Thanks for you feedback. I would help you forward it.

Thank you
2018-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Many people will like to have that.
But I do have doubts if DJI will add it.
They need some room between the 'Pro' and the 'Air' and these features make the 'Pro' worth the extra money.
2018-4-12
Use props
fansd7292c62
lvl.2
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-12 11:37
Many people will like to have that.
But I do have doubts if DJI will add it.
They need some room between the 'Pro' and the 'Air' and these features make the 'Pro' worth the extra money.

That’s probably true, That would be a shame though, I didn’t know Air stood for ‘budget’, I thought it was more a size thing.  It should be a simple software addition, the hardware would be more than capable
2018-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansd7292c62 Posted at 2018-4-12 13:11
That’s probably true, That would be a shame though, I didn’t know Air stood for ‘budget’, I thought it was more a size thing.  It should be a simple software addition, the hardware would be more than capable

Too bad I'm not deciding on that.
Otherwise all would have waypoints
But then again, I would not be making profits if I gave away all features.....

The 'Air' is definitely not a 'budget' drone. That would be Spark. As the 'Air' has a lot more to offer than Spark, but many flight modes (waypoints included) are not included in the 'Air'.

I'm not sure if DJI has ever added features from 'higher end' drones to 'lower end' drones some time after they released it.
They do add new ones, but I'm not sure if that included features from more expensive drones in the past.
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, all. Please provide more feedback and I will help you transfer it.
2018-4-13
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Well for a start is it included in the SDK which was just released? Also as Montfrooij said - the Air is not cheap at twice the price of the spark and the price is not much below the mavic pro. Waypoint/mission capability has been in all DJI drones since the basic P3 (with the exception of the spark/tello) so why remove it? I get there is no occusync but the flight modes should really be consistent across all consumer models.
2018-4-13
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

joe_gadget Posted at 2018-4-13 03:30
Well for a start is it included in the SDK which was just released? Also as Montfrooij said - the Air is not cheap at twice the price of the spark and the price is not much below the mavic pro. Waypoint/mission capability has been in all DJI drones since the basic P3 (with the exception of the spark/tello) so why remove it? I get there is no occusync but the flight modes should really be consistent across all consumer models.

I've been using the SDK to develop a voice command feature for my Air and noticed the SDK has waypoints too. I am guessing that's because all their drones use the same API / engine under the covers and they don't want to support multiple SDKs.

Do you think someone could write an app for the Air using the SDK that effectively gives it a waypoint feature?
2018-4-13
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

Danger Lampost Posted at 2018-4-13 04:47
I've been using the SDK to develop a voice command feature for my Air and noticed the SDK has waypoints too. I am guessing that's because all their drones use the same API / engine under the covers and they don't want to support multiple SDKs.

Do you think someone could write an app for the Air using the SDK that effectively gives it a waypoint feature?

The SDK has waypoints as it supports other DJI drones as well. I'm no developer - i does the waypoint feature point specifcally to the air? If so then I would expect existing third party apps like Litchi to   support it as well.
2018-4-13
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

no, they will not be adding waypoints to the air. If they intended to they would have from the launch. Just the way it is going to be.
2018-4-13
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-13 02:18
Hi, all. Please provide more feedback and I will help you transfer it.

right? Have you read any of the other 100 posts about your air customers wanting waypoints? Come on just tell it like it is. The air will not be getting waypoints. There was that so hard?
2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Bill B Posted at 2018-4-13 06:06
right? Have you read any of the other 100 posts about your air customers wanting waypoints? Come on just tell it like it is. The air will not be getting waypoints. There was that so hard?

Sorry that I have no idea if it will be added in the future. But we don't have this plan for now. Thanks for your attention and we will keep forwarding users' demand.
2018-4-24
Use props
Chrninja
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20495 ft
United States

@DJI Elektra please just add waypoints to the Go 4 app. It's already included in the Litchi app so why not include it in the native Go 4 app.

There are still many differences between the Air and Pro that make the Pro worth the extra hundred dollars: OcuSync for range and video transmission, flight time, focal length, gimbal tilt, controller with exposure wheel, 5D button and a lot more features.

Waypoints is just a software update...
2018-5-8
Use props
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

I think waypoints on the DJI go app would be great, and would probably prevent a lot of crashes as compared to Litchi since it you have to fly the mission first.
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules