Battery Issue | Lost Drone
1127 7 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schlik50
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69281 ft
United States

I have filed two claims with DJI for the same Spark.  The first claim was after losing connection to my drone using the controller over WiFi.  I was in an urban area flying at 150’ high and about 900’ away.  The drone did not return home, but was found on grass without the battery.  The battery was found destroyed on concrete about 35’ away.  The impact shown on the battery would have been on the inside if it was attached to the drone when it crashed.  This means the battery disconnected from the drone prior to impact on the ground.   DJI replaced the battery for free after sending it in.

I had a very similar flight where the drone lost connection over WiFi and did not return.  Video is attached of flight.  There were no instructions, battery was not low.  The drone was lost and I could not find it since I was flying over rough terrain.  DJI investigates this flight and could not provide a reason for its failure and would not look at both cases for similarities.

Does anyone have an idea of what could have happened to the drone that would make it disconnect and not return home?
2018-4-12
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll bet it was one of the first gen batteries with the smaller locking clips, not the newer gen ones with the bigger clip. DJI need to acknoledge this and offer a replacement service for the first gen batteries with the smaller locking catch before someone gets hurt!!
2018-4-12
Use props
Schlik50
lvl.1
United States

2018-4-12
Use props
JeyTea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Germany

Dji will sadly Not acknoledge IT i have 4 Batteries with smaller locks and cannot geht any replacement
2018-4-12
Use props
djiuser_QMbukLIcA9Jw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52664 ft
Australia

JeyTea Posted at 2018-4-12 13:24
Dji will sadly Not acknoledge IT  i have 4 Batteries with smaller locks and cannot geht any replacement

How can you tell if you have the old battery with the small clip, or the newer one?? I want to check mine.
2018-4-12
Use props
shivamsharma
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2149 ft
Singapore

Had the same issue, they've basically stopped replying. They need to acknowledge it's a design flaw!
2018-4-12
Use props
Schlik50
lvl.1

djiuser_QMbukLIcA9Jw Posted at 2018-4-12 17:45
How can you tell if you have the old battery with the small clip, or the newer one?? I want to check mine.

Check out this video.  There's a big difference in the size of the triangular clips.
2018-4-13
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-4-12 06:20
I'll bet it was one of the first gen batteries with the smaller locking clips, not the newer gen ones with the bigger clip. DJI need to acknoledge this and offer a replacement service for the first gen batteries with the smaller locking catch before someone gets hurt!!

There is nothing wrong with the smaller clip version. i have been using this version and have completed 178 flights !!
All these issues are concerned with how you fix the battery into the compartment.
Also i never used any strap to hold the batteries. Always flew in SPORTS mode .
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules