Mavic Air Active Track
830 31 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kikcontains
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106532 ft
Spain

Active Track really works! Few days ago I post a video on Instagram.

The Mavic follows my car in a road... stuning!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgy564FHt0V/
2018-4-12
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Hmm... link not working?
2018-4-12
Use props
Kikcontains
lvl.2
Spain

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-4-12 06:36
Hmm... link not working?

ups! sorry! try again
2018-4-12
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Yup, that's better ;)
2018-4-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool - until it crashes into the windscreen of an oncoming car...
2018-4-12
Use props
Kikcontains
lvl.2
Spain

A CW Posted at 2018-4-12 07:08
Cool - until it crashes into the windscreen of an oncoming car...

at the time I made the video I was alone on the road
2018-4-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kikcontains Posted at 2018-4-12 07:15
at the time I made the video I was alone on the road

Good for you - lets hope it stays that way as we have enough restrictions in this hobby as it is without the media broadcasting a drone knocking a motorcyclist off his bike...
2018-4-12
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26106 ft

A CW Posted at 2018-4-12 07:08
Cool - until it crashes into the windscreen of an oncoming car...

Would have to be a bloody tall windscreen to hit it at that height !
2018-4-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not if the drone malfunctions... which probably explains why flying drones over, let alone along, public roads is illegal!
2018-4-12
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

A CW Posted at 2018-4-12 10:23
Not if the drone malfunctions... which probably explains why flying drones over, let alone along, public roads is illegal!

Yeah IF

Like IF one of those trees were to fall on the road just as a car comes along.

The way you talk is like it is just a matter of time before this guys drone will fail and at that exact moment it will hit a oncoming vehicle.

2018-4-12
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-12 10:32
Yeah IF

Like IF one of those trees were to fall on the road just as a car comes along.

If.... yeah fella it is still illegal, therefore an irresponsible action that would/may/can effect the rest of us and enforce even more restrictions because of the actions of those that don't understand or care for the consequences of their actions.   Yeah right like..... If ......that matters.
2018-4-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah IF

Like IF one of those trees were to fall on the road just as a car comes along.

Any responsible pilot knows that they need to omit risks as much as possible when planning their flight - driving along a public road in your car with your drone following you behind using an autonomous flight mode is not a responsible flight and potentially dangerous - it's common sense. For one, visual line of sight is broken and two, the drone may malfunction and thus place a third party at risk.
2018-4-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Yeah IF

Like IF one of those trees were to fall on the road just as a car comes along.

Responsible pilots should encourage others not to make silly mistakes that will cause Governments to enforce harsher laws restricting drones from flying. What you are insinuating is that it is OKAY to fly irresponsibly and IF there is an accident then deal with it. We need to fly safe for us and the people around us and not take STUPID chances that can put one in harms way.
2018-4-12
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

A CW Posted at 2018-4-12 10:46
Any responsible pilot knows that they need to omit risks as much as possible when planning their flight - driving along a public road in your car with your drone following you behind using an autonomous flight mode is not a responsible flight and potentially dangerous - it's common sense. For one, visual line of sight is broken and two, the drone may malfunction and thus place a third party at risk.

But you can never remove all risks when flying a drone,yet you continue to use them yourself.

No matter how well you follow the drone code or any other drone rules it does not guarantee that next time you fly your drone that it won't just do the off and then drop from the sky and hit someone,so why do you take those risks if you are so concerned ?

A risk is a risk no matter how small it is.

2018-4-12
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

Suren Posted at 2018-4-12 11:15
Responsible pilots should encourage others not to make silly mistakes that will cause Governments to enforce harsher laws restricting drones from flying. What you are insinuating is that it is OKAY to fly irresponsibly and IF there is an accident then deal with it. We need to fly safe for us and the people around us and not take STUPID chances that can put one in harms way.

I'd suggest you take your rant to DJI and tell them not to put a feature on their drones that allows a person to not have full control of their drone and is able to walk/run/drive/ride off with their back turned.
2018-4-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-12 11:19
But you can never remove all risks when flying a drone,yet you continue to use them yourself.

No matter how well you follow the drone code or any other drone rules it does not guarantee that next time you fly your drone that it won't just do the off and then drop from the sky and hit someone,so why do you take those risks if you are so concerned ?

Do I really need to spell it out mate? IF my drone malfunctions over a farmers field then guess what, there are no passing cars or cyclists that will get injured should my drone lose connection and crash or a bird hit it or whatever may happen.
IF I fly my drone near an airport then guess what, it MAY hit a plane... IF I fly my drone down a road there is MORE of a risk to the drone hitting a third party as cars and bikes will pass by the drone.  
That is why the UK CAA permit me to fly my drone over farmers fields under 400' AGL but NOT down a bloody road or near an airport. Is that clear enough for you?
2018-4-12
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

A CW Posted at 2018-4-12 11:31
Do I really need to spell it out mate? IF my drone malfunctions over a farmers field then guess what, there are no passing cars or cyclists that will get injured should my drone lose connection and crash or a bird hit it or whatever may happen.
IF I fly my drone near an airport then guess what, it MAY hit a plane... IF I fly my drone down a road there is MORE of a risk to the drone hitting a third party as cars and bikes will pass by the drone.  
That is why the UK CAA permit me to fly my drone over farmers fields under 400' AGL but NOT down a bloody road or near an airport. Is that clear enough for you?

Still a risk !

It might hit the farmer !

YOU ARE a risk taker,shame on you.
2018-4-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-12 11:38
Still a risk !

It might hit the farmer !

End of conversation! Good day!
2018-4-12
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

Nice video OP ; )
2018-4-12
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

2018-4-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-12 15:12
Talk about double standards !

Or don’t the rules apply when it’s one of YOUR mates doing the same.

Which video are you referring to specifically?
2018-4-12
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

A CW Posted at 2018-4-12 15:16
Which video are you referring to specifically?

You know what,it’s silly to argue over this really (and for me to carry it on,will delete last post)  as it wasn’t even me breaking any rules,i just liked the video and there is no law against that.

The only thing i would say is that it’s fair enough if you want to point out the rules and regs but be fair and at least point it out to all the others who post up videos that break the rules and that you have admired.

Shall we just leave it there yeah.

No hard feelings ok ; )

2018-4-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-12 15:58
You know what,it’s silly to argue over this really (and for me to carry it on,will delete last post)  as it wasn’t even me breaking any rules,i just liked the video and there is no law against that.

The only thing i would say is that it’s fair enough if you want to point out the rules and regs but be fair and at least point it out to all the others who post up videos that break the rules and that you have admired.

Let's be clear - there is no double standard on my part as I am nothing but an advocate of flight safety as you will see in the 50 stills I have published on this forum and my comments on ANYONE who I see puts this hobby at risk for the rest of us.
I was happy to leave this thread hours ago when I specifically 'ended this conversation' - happy to end it (again) now on the understanding that I have NEVER liked or encouraged anyone to active track a car they are driving on a public road. It's concerning to me and clearly others that you do/did... Hopefully you've learn't something from it. Good night!  
2018-4-12
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

A CW Posted at 2018-4-12 16:10
Let's be clear - there is no double standard on my part as I am nothing but an advocate of flight safety as you will see in the 50 stills I have published on this forum and my comments on ANYONE who I see puts this hobby at risk for the rest of us.
I was happy to leave this thread hours ago when I specifically 'ended this conversation' - happy to end it (again) now on the understanding that I have NEVER liked or encouraged anyone to active track a car they are driving on a public road. It's concerning to me and clearly others that you do/did... Hopefully you've learn't something from it. Good night!

Serious question.

If the guy posting the video has broken some law/rules,shouldn’t DJI remove his video from the forum as it doesn’t set a good example,I mean they have a responsibility themselves right.

Or at very least be the ones telling him of the law/rules he has broken.

2018-4-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-12 16:26
Serious question.

If the guy posting the video has broken some law/rules,shouldn’t DJI remove his video from the forum as it doesn’t set a good example,I mean they have a responsibility themselves right.

They often do come on to advise/remind of flight safety and may very well remove such a thread if it categorically shows illegal use of the drone. There is a small ratio of DJI mods to users but they will probably see this soon enough. In the interim, members may comment on what they see and the more experienced pilots and longer term users of the forum will no doubt advise an OP if they think something breaches regs and remind them of the importance of flight safety - which not everyone, especially those new to the hobby, may even be aware of. Some are thankful, some kick off...
2018-4-12
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

A CW Posted at 2018-4-12 16:55
They often do come on to advise/remind of flight safety and may very well remove such a thread if it categorically shows illegal use of the drone. There is a small ratio of DJI mods to users but they will probably see this soon enough. In the interim, members may comment on what they see and the more experienced pilots and longer term users of the forum will no doubt advise an OP if they think something breaches regs and remind them of the importance of flight safety - which not everyone, especially those new to the hobby, may even be aware of. Some are thankful, some kick off...

Slips in a dig at the end lol
2018-4-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-12 17:10
Slips in a dig at the end lol

I'm very factual ;) Now, good night!
2018-4-12
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

A CW Posted at 2018-4-12 17:14
I'm very factual ;) Now, good night!

Night Night x
2018-4-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-12 11:24
I'd suggest you take your rant to DJI and tell them not to put a feature on their drones that allows a person to not have full control of their drone and is able to walk/run/drive/ride off with their back turned.

You can have the feature there but using it responsibly is on you. You has the pilot needs to ensure you do not put others at risk. Mark my words when you crash or lose your drone you will be back here asking for a senior to look at your log and tell you who is at fault  DJI or Pilot. So be careful you have an expensive investment do not make it a liability.

and the above comments are not rants we have seen to many guys come onto this forum like hero's and leave with tails between their legs crying I don't know what happened to my $1000 drone
2018-4-12
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

Suren Posted at 2018-4-12 19:31
You can have the feature there but using it responsibly is on you. You has the pilot needs to ensure you do not put others at risk. Mark my words when you crash or lose your drone you will be back here asking for a senior to look at your log and tell you who is at fault  DJI or Pilot. So be careful you have an expensive investment do not make it a liability.

and the above comments are not rants we have seen to many guys come onto this forum like hero's and leave with tails between their legs crying I don't know what happened to my $1000 drone

Really you should be aiming all this at the person who actually posted up and shot the video.
You guys are more hung up on what i have said rather than the person who is actually doing wrong which is really odd.

And don’t worry I won’t be crying or leaving with my tail between my legs,as just because i like a video where someone did wrong and think you guys are going over the top a bit doesn’t mean that I don’t fly like a fool or break the rules/laws myself.
2018-4-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bigguns Posted at 2018-4-13 02:20
Really you should be aiming all this at the person who actually posted up and shot the video.

Don't ever recall calling myself a hero either.

I am sure he read all the posts and knows where he went wrong but should nit be encouraged by others to continue with the wrong. One cannot Justify any wrong actions.
2018-4-13
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3

Suren Posted at 2018-4-13 02:30
I am sure he read all the posts and knows where he went wrong but should nit be encouraged by others to continue with the wrong. One cannot Justify any wrong actions.

Also you make out that the OP was highlighted to his wrong doing and told about the rules/laws,yet he wasn’t at all,he was sent a  sarcastic comment about it hitting a windscreen,it was only when I piped up that anything about breaking the law was mentioned,and that was only said to me because I dared to back chat one of the regular guys.

Wouldn’t it be better that you regulars post up the rules in a polite way rather than having a dig ?
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules