Latest Video from the Oregon Coast
1050 1 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bvinisky
lvl.3

United States

Hi! I wanted to share my latest short video from a quick trip to the Oregon coast near Tillamook last Sunday evening. I've been filming 30fps in log recently with manual exposure adjustments using the stock ND filter (almost always have to crank the shutter speed way beyond 1/60) and have tried to incorroporate a few of the editing techniques posted by members here (many thanks!), but I'm definintely still (and will always be) learning. I'm using FCPX & Logic Pro.
Any feedback and criticisms are welcomed. If I had to critque myself I'd say I overused a shot or two and shouldn't have included some of the blown out clips, though was a bit desparate for some distance variety and wish I would have redone a couple flight paths. I'm not sure what the best approach is for a shot that arcs through low to strong light, like moving out of trees into the open sun. I've been setting the exposure prior to flying a particular shot path, but haven't really been attempting to dynamically adjust it as I'm flying a short route. Maybe in post I should be chopping up the clip or masking areas to apply separate exposures?
As for the Inspire, I haven't applied the latest firmware yet, but will get around to that this weekend. Similar to other reports though, the prior firmware update knocked out all the minor issues (gimbal twich, GPS->Atti->GPS flapping) I'd been experiencing, making it rock solid & production ready. The great news is that just translates to more efficient flight time instead of killing (film) time wating for things to settle the first couple minutes! I've still been having a ton of fun and really enjoy getting to pair together the different artistic mediums.

Anyway, thanks for watching and enjoy!

2015-5-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful scenes
2022-4-11
Use props
Advanced