Circle inside X5S Inspire2 ProRes Footage
896 15 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ijustwanttowork
lvl.1

guys,
after the four most disastrous months we had with DJI gear so far we now discovered the issue you guys see below.
In our 4K ProRes 422HQ (EI Mode, D-Log) Footage from X5S is an digital circle. And no, it is not in the H264 Proxies. What is your explanation DJI?
Who is paying us back the money we lost over this cause the client is not willing to pay at the moment!

ProRes Footage
Latest Firmware

Screenshot 2018-04-12 21.40.44.JPG
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Is it the original footage in your link? I would help you forward it.
2018-4-12
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200791 ft
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-12 23:44
Please provide us the original picture for further check. I would recommend you upload it to dropbox and post the link here.

click the link he provided?
2018-4-13
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

this looks really bad! but (i believe), i have seen something like that before, i just cant find the post in these forums right now. must have been around december last year...
2018-4-13
Use props
Ijustwanttowork
lvl.1

CiRec Posted at 2018-4-13 01:36
this looks really bad! but (i believe), i have seen something like that before, i just cant find the post in these forums right now. must have been around december last year...

I think you meant this guy. It was in the Purple Frame thread. But as I followed his issue I cant find any solution provided by DJI.
2018-4-13
Use props
Ijustwanttowork
lvl.1

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-12 23:44
Is it the original footage in your link? I would help you forward it.

This is the Link to the original footage yes:
LINK: ProRes Footage Circle

No Dropbox needed.
2018-4-13
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ijustwanttowork Posted at 2018-4-13 04:27
[view_image]
I think you meant this guy. It was in the Purple Frame thread. But as I followed his issue I cant find any solution provided by DJI.

I believe the purple frame issue was solved by flashing the firmware. Maybe something to try?
2018-4-13
Use props
Ijustwanttowork
lvl.1

mixchief Posted at 2018-4-13 08:52
I believe the purple frame issue was solved by flashing the firmware. Maybe something to try?

We cant continue like this. One united is producing purple frames the other unit is doing circles. The Producer called in "Purple Machine" on set already. We are not happy going out to work with Beta Firmware on it. Nobody knows what is coming with it. Our trust in this company is completely broken.
2018-4-13
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Dji behave badly with their users. It is unforgivable because irreparable for us and our customers. Our shootings go wrong because DJI is not professional. It's a shame.
2018-4-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ijustwanttowork Posted at 2018-4-13 04:29
This is the Link to the original footage yes:
LINK: ProRes Footage Circle

Thanks for the original footage, just to verify, which lens do you mount? Does the issue happen every time? Does it persist when you restart the device?
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mixchief Posted at 2018-4-13 08:52

For the purple frame, we have the beta firmware and it works well according to other users' feedback, besides, the official firmware will also be released very soon.
2018-4-15
Use props
Ijustwanttowork
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-15 23:35
Thanks for the original footage, just to verify, which lens do you mount? Does the issue happen every time? Does it persist when you restart the device?

The  vicious thing is that this was of course like the pink frames, not visible on the screen.  So we continued working. It happend within one flight. So no batterie change  or lens change. A few takes with and a few without the circle. We worked with the DJI certified 15MM. Now our partners at DJI Europe will bring the unit to directly to R&D in China. lets see.
2018-4-16
Use props
Ijustwanttowork
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-15 23:37
For the purple frame, we have the beta firmware and it works well according to other users' feedback, besides, the official firmware will also be released very soon.

well yes but we will def. not installing any beta stuff on our machines which are meant for work. Maybe one problem less but on the other side a  few new issues more. We have been working with DJI gear since 7 years now - we know the game! But this year 2018 is the worst of all.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ijustwanttowork Posted at 2018-4-16 06:29
well yes but we will def. not installing any beta stuff on our machines which are meant for work. Maybe one problem less but on the other side a  few new issues more. We have been working with DJI gear since 7 years now - we know the game! But this year 2018 is the worst of all.

As far as I know, the circle issue should be sorted out by rebooting the aircraft, DJI certified 15mm, do you mean the stock 15mm lens? We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, did you already send in the drone to your dealer?
2018-4-17
Use props
Ijustwanttowork
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-17 04:46
As far as I know, the circle issue should be sorted out by rebooting the aircraft, DJI certified 15mm, do you mean the stock 15mm lens? We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, did you already send in the drone to your dealer?

Hmm, I have the feeling you are not familiar with the business the inspire is actually meant for.

Rebooting the unit as a solution during a shoot is NOT an option. How should we and the client know that this error will not happen again? Should we check every single take we do on the computer, cause we will not see the circle on the iPads during shooting.?  You will find yourself on set shaking and been afraid that this can happen every moment again. Think about a shot you cant redo. A car crash or an explosion which we do a lot. What should I tell the client then? Who is paying us the invoice then? They will blame us Not DJI forever and will never book us again.  

No, at the moment a courier will bring it directly from our partners at DJI Europe to R6D Shenzhen.
2018-4-17
Use props
CiRec
lvl.3
Germany

Ijustwanttowork Posted at 2018-4-13 09:47
We cant continue like this. One united is producing purple frames the other unit is doing circles. The Producer called in "Purple Machine" on set already. We are not happy going out to work with Beta Firmware on it. Nobody knows what is coming with it. Our trust in this company is completely broken.

that being said by a professional should ring the alarm bells at dji. urgently.

dji wants to get their hands into the professional filming market. their products are great, this is not a problem. the problem is, they are absolutely not reliable. in no way. it is pure luck to be able to use their equipment when you are on set. i never had such a bad experience with any of my professional filming equipment, not nearly.

even if it is sad, there is no other way: i have to absolutely agree with your statement here. my trust is completely broken, and i will never ever show up on a professional shooting with dji stuff in my hands.

purple frames and mysterious circles in the footage, bricked batteries due to fw updates, rattling props resulting in crazy aircraft vibrations, constant app crashes and signal loss within a fragrance of the advertised flight distances, waiting half a year for fixes of errors caused by faulty firmware updates - just to mention some of the experiences from the last few months - dji, what is going to be the next joke you have prepared for us?
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules