Home Point set problem.
724 4 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4cf64f90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 476243 ft

I just received my replacement spark from DJI.  Went through the initial set up.  Went to take it up on first flight,  I noticed something that was very different from my first spark,  it’s the announcement that “ your home point has been set please check it on your map” no matter what I do it will not lock my home point until it lifts off the ground.  
It’s driving me crazy, what am I doing wrong ???

Another piece of puzzle, on first flight within the first 5 minuets it had compass errors.   I drove 5 miles away to open field and again compass errors.  I drove home and went to open a ticket to send it back.  I decided that maybe I should have calibrate the compass.  After going through with a c calibration, sent it back up for a 9 minute flight with no compass problems but still can’t lock home point until it comes off the ground.  

That’s my story any help would be appreciated.
2018-4-12
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Mine always waits until it is in the air and gets a good view of the ground below it before saying 'home point has been updated'
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, all. Please ensure that there are more than 6 satellites and GPS signal has at least 4 level to record the home point. When the drone takes off, its home point can be updated again if the environment meet the standard.
2018-4-12
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

90% of the time I get the HP message just after taking off...the H is on the map, but no audio until airborne.
2018-4-12
Use props
Jerpie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191211 ft
Netherlands

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-4-12 21:29
90% of the time I get the HP message just after taking off...the H is on the map, but no audio until airborne.

Me too!

"Your homepoint has been updated, please check it on the map"

2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules