Phantom 3 standard wont update
741 9 2018-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jim234
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

I have been trying to update my drone all day and it continously gives update failed, i have tried any solution i can find online with no success. It was crashed the day before and had been showing aircraft dissconnected at a low altitude since the crash and before the update. it is also continously beeping.

Thanks
2018-4-15
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Can you get WIFI signal from the AC via RC and life feed to your mobile? If not then look for the WIFI module or WIFI antenna.
2018-4-15
Use props
jim234
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Peterx Posted at 2018-4-15 11:22
Can you get WIFI signal from the AC via RC and life feed to your mobile? If not then look for the WIFI module or WIFI antenna.

we are getting wifi signal from the remote, and intermittent video on the app but it constantly says aircraft disconnected and the update keeps failing at 74%  
2018-4-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Probably internal damage from crash.
2018-4-15
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-4-15 13:17
Probably internal damage from crash.

That's something that often occurs when you crash. Best advice is to see if DJI will fix it under warranty.
2018-4-15
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

I think too that the WIFI module or the WIFI antenna has been damaged during crash. What side of the copter touched the ground first on the crash?
Straight down,upside down or on the left or right side down?
2018-4-15
Use props
djiuser_91yWLScXxz7B
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for posting such a great article! I found your website perfect for my needs
mesothelioma cancer
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It seems that the drone has been damaged in the crash. I'm afraid that the performance cannot be ensured after the crash. Please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-15
Use props
jim234
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-15 23:30
It seems that the drone has been damaged in the crash. I'm afraid that the performance cannot be ensured after the crash. Please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

Update eventually completed and its now flying again, however we still seem to be getting aircraft disconnected at low altitudes (around 60m) dont think we ever had "aircraft Disconnected" before the crash. Usually just RC signal lost around 150 m which i think is normal especially with some interference detected. Do you still think its the wifi antenna?   
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jim234 Posted at 2018-4-16 12:09
Update eventually completed and its now flying again, however we still seem to be getting aircraft disconnected at low altitudes (around 60m) dont think we ever had "aircraft Disconnected" before the crash. Usually just RC signal lost around 150 m which i think is normal especially with some interference detected. Do you still think its the wifi antenna?

I'll insist on sending the unit in for diagnosis. Flight safety is always the top priority.
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules