Can't get out of travel mode on brand new bird - HELP!!
2266 9 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,
I just recieved my replacement i1 for a bricked one I sent in. I got everything out of the box - charged batt and RC - I powered up everything and tried to exit travel mode to begin upgrade. Nothing - apparently not binded. So I tried binding to no avail. App unresponsive. So I upgraded the FW on RC to try that. That was ok after the procedure txt file says successful. App sees the RC now. I tried binding, the RC shows green light but bird is blinking yellow. What gives? anyone?
2015-5-8
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

It may still be a FW version mismatch.  Try setting it up on two tables or two chairs so you can attach the gimbal in travel mode, and upgrade the bird's FW to the same version as the controller. Then see if your connectivity problem is solved.
2015-5-8
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thank you sir. I used shoeboxes (bubble wrap under the gimbal) and did the upgrade. Test flew 10 minutes at 2 ft. hover - except for the app shutting down all else went well... I have a Tab 4 and I have seen MANY folks have problems with it with the latest software... I guess I should get an IOS device anyway...Thanx for the suggestion PeterGould!
2015-5-8
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried flicking the landing gear switch 3 or 4 times ?
2015-5-9
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

FlyingSquirrel Posted at 2015-5-9 06:58
Thank you sir. I used shoeboxes (bubble wrap under the gimbal) and did the upgrade. Test flew 10 min ...

Does it now successfully get you in and out of travel mode?
2015-5-9
Use props
mikrubin
lvl.1

United States

I worked around this issue by toggling the controller switch between landing mode and flight mode, and pulled the battery out just as it was in between the two...even with the body.  Don't forget to power off the battery and controller afterwards.
2015-5-13
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
  • >>>
Argentina

I attached the gimbal and placed shoeboxes under the bird. Upgraded to latest FW and that was it. I was able to fly several times since the beginning of this post. My problem was (as PeterGould pointed out) a firmware mismatch problem.
2015-5-21
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-9 06:38
It may still be a FW version mismatch.  Try setting it up on two tables or two chairs so you can att ...

Good old pete ...
2015-5-22
Use props
studio
New
Flight distance : 2920 ft
Australia

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-9 06:38
It may still be a FW version mismatch.  Try setting it up on two tables or two chairs so you can att ...

Hi Pete your advice was brilliant I had same issue but your assistance saved me a return to the dealer 250kms round trip. Thanks Buddy
2015-5-30
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

studio@20m.com. Posted at 2015-5-30 17:40
Hi Pete your advice was brilliant I had same issue but your assistance saved me a return to the de ...

Great to hear.  Anything that saves ANY of us the round trip and 8-10 weeks of waiting is a definite win.  
2015-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules