Second drone after Mavic Pro: Air or Spark?
915 26 2018-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Denmark

Single SelectVote, Total 38 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-4-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would go up the line from the Pro to a P4P IF you need a second drone otherwise, the MP should be enough.  
2018-4-16
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you are going to upgrade then P4P or Inspires (Inspires are awesome monsters)
2018-4-16
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-16 08:53
If you are going to upgrade then P4P or Inspires (Inspires are awesome monsters)

M2Wair, can you  tell us your experience from the inspire?
2018-4-16
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Depends on what you are wanting to do with it.  The air is very similar to the Pro as far as functionality and image quality.  Are you wanting something just for fun or something that can get you the awesome shots and video?  If the latter I would also suggest a P4 Pro or well if you have the budget an inspire.  If looking for something that is portable and quality same as pro then the air would be perfect.  Something just for fun that can take ok (1080p)shots and video than the spark.  d
2018-4-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

If I had to get another drone it would be an inspire but the Pro is ALL the drone for me
2018-4-16
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

integer Posted at 2018-4-16 09:33
M2Wair, can you  tell us your experience from the inspire?

Robust, powerful in wind and by far have superior camera systems with interchangeable lens capability, as a photographer a must have drone. They are not easily transportable and draw too much attention from the general public the only downside. The inspire series are a workhorse and exceptional, period.  
2018-4-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I agree.  You want to upgrade P4P or inspire.
2018-4-16
Use props
Bahlol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219783 ft
United States

I think the Phantom is the best option, you already have a foldable small drone, the Air and Spark have less fly time and shorter fly range than the pro.  unless you getting rid of the Pro, I don't see a reason to get a smaller drone
2018-4-16
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

P4P, exceptional photo/video quality, Battery time, Wind resistance & Distance. The Inspire is an awesome drone just cost prohibitive for me.
2018-4-16
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-16 09:49
Robust, powerful in wind and by far have superior camera systems with interchangeable lens capability, as a photographer a must have drone. They are not easily transportable and draw too much attention from the general public the only downside. The inspire series are a workhorse and exceptional, period.

thank you
2018-4-16
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both a Spark and a Mavic Air. If I had to have only one of them, I'd keep the Mavic Air.
2018-4-16
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-4-16 12:06
I have both a Spark and a Mavic Air. If I had to have only one of them, I'd keep the Mavic Air.

why would you choose mavic air?
2018-4-16
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

P4P or Inspire.
I have both and am highly satisfied.

But, the Autel Evo looks promising.........
2018-4-16
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

I would buy the Air if you don't mind a wifi drone
2018-4-16
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

integer Posted at 2018-4-16 12:09
why would you choose mavic air?

When folded up, the Air isn't much bigger than the Spark. The biggest difference is the camera, the Air is a bunch better. Plus the rear obstacle avoidance which I hope I never need but it's mice knowing it's there.
2018-4-17
Use props
Darkzi.F527
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76152 ft
France

The true question is : what is your intention with this drone, something more portable ? If yes definitively go with the Air, if you don't really know stick with the Pro ! ;)
Here is an intro where you can see 4K footage of the Mavic Air in full automatic !

2018-4-17
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

I've been having an internal struggle with regards to getting a Spark to compliment my Pro.  Really, it'd just be in situations where I don't want to attract extra attention to myself by having a remote and a buzzing beehive a few feet in front of me while I try to take a selfie with the wife on vacation.  Honestly, no drone will really be able to not draw attention since they are, inherently, flying blenders and have the exhaust note to prove it.  So I doubt I'd ever get a second one.  But, never say never.  
2018-4-17
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

El Kab0ng Posted at 2018-4-17 06:54
I've been having an internal struggle with regards to getting a Spark to compliment my Pro.  Really, it'd just be in situations where I don't want to attract extra attention to myself by having a remote and a buzzing beehive a few feet in front of me while I try to take a selfie with the wife on vacation.  Honestly, no drone will really be able to not draw attention since they are, inherently, flying blenders and have the exhaust note to prove it.  So I doubt I'd ever get a second one.  But, never say never.

That is so much how I think. In some special situations I would love to have a tiny drone in my bag pack. So maybe the Spark is better companion to the Mavic Pro, than the Air.

The question is, how portable is the Spark compared to the Air...
2018-4-17
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
United States

eried Posted at 2018-4-17 07:10
That is so much how I think. In some special situations I would love to have a tiny drone in my bag pack. So maybe the Spark is better companion to the Mavic Pro, than the Air.

The question is, how portable is the Spark compared to the Air...

The main thing I don't like about the Spark is the non-folding arms, which make it harder to just throw in a pocket.  But, given how light it is, it makes it "non-obtrusive" for a backpack.  It just becomes cumbersome (in my mind anyway) when you add a travel case into the mix.  The overall footprint of Air makes it more desirable since it folds up, but it loses its luster in my eyes given the price and what I'd be using it for.  Since I wouldn't be doing anything more than 100-150 feet away from me and probably no more than 50 feet in altitude, and since I'm typically always carrying some sort of pack, I'd be ok with the Spark.  
2018-4-17
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

It really depends on what you're going to use your second drone for. I first bought the Mavic Pro and wanted a really tiny drone that is more portable than Mavic so I bought the spark. I am telling you, I rarely use the spark. The Mavic pro alone gives me all the stuff I need from a drone. Also, the spark is very noisy. I could've suggested MA if you're a first time buyer.
2018-4-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-4-16 08:49
I would go up the line from the Pro to a P4P IF you need a second drone otherwise, the MP should be enough.

I agree with that.
2018-4-20
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft

I got the tello just for fun. And it is
2018-4-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2018-4-20
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I had to get an Emotion, call it my Baby Mavic, only because it looked like a MP and it was small enough to fly inside the house when the weather was to bad for me to fly outside. It is quite stable, flying inside and camera isn't to bad either.
2018-4-21
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Each will have their own situation - I started with a Spark as a good price point for a first drone, then within 4 months also purchased and MPP. If I where to film for a professional production I'd kit up with an Inspire 2 depending on the shots required. So far my MPP has been more than adequate - so for personal use I might actually get another MPP ... but then again am happy to wait for the next iteration MPP2 ... which I think will appear end of September.
2018-4-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-4-21 02:59
Each will have their own situation - I started with a Spark as a good price point for a first drone, then within 4 months also purchased and MPP. If I where to film for a professional production I'd kit up with an Inspire 2 depending on the shots required. So far my MPP has been more than adequate - so for personal use I might actually get another MPP ... but then again am happy to wait for the next iteration MPP2 ... which I think will appear end of September.

I went the same way you did partly, yes I bought the Spark as my first drone, but I only have the Spark that I purhased in January, and a Mavic Pro I picked last month.

2018-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules