GO4 App will not proceed past step 3 of setting up my new spark?
4725 13 2018-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mUNrVoVGTOZS
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I just got my new Spark fly more combo, and the drone itself connects to the RC, but when i get to step 3 of setting it up where i scan the RC's QR code, it connetcs but the button to go onto step 4 does not turn blue and will not work. I am using my Pixel phone. Can anyone help??
2018-4-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can also activate the Spark like this:

2018-4-16
Use props
Titanomachy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 2018-4-16 07:20
You can also activate the Spark like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so1b6BSQTzE

msinger,

Thanks for that,  but as soon as i connect the RC and go into the app, it doesn't show the activation screen, even after deleting and reinstalling it, it just shows the home screen saying the drone is disconnected
2018-4-16
Use props
mordka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2178 ft
United Kingdom

Same to me, I always had this problem, it works randomly. I have to reset wifi connection (press button for 9 sec) few times and the app itself until it sometimes connects.
Luckily I have RC and OTG cable, so it makes working with this device more stable, but at the moment Im trying to update firmware for drone, and Im trying to connect via wifi and I wasted whole day already to do this. With RC controller the connection breaks.
I have spark for more than 6 months and I can tell you that there is something seriously wrong with this device. Every second flying session something disconnects or I can't connect. I have mavic as well and never had problems with it.
2018-4-16
Use props
Titanomachy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have discovered that it works with my old iPhone 5s, so will continue to look for a solution on the pixel while using my iPhone as a temporary measure. If anyone has any new info that would be great
2018-4-16
Use props
mordka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2178 ft
United Kingdom

I just found interesting explanation to this behaviour. It's related to the way Android is using networks with no internet access. You MUST click the notification "This network has no internet access " and confirm that you still want to use this network. Otherwise Android will block any communication. It's a real shame that DJI doesn't include this in any FAQ accessible through the app. They should place some link with common issues and workaround. This forum is full of questions about Spark connectivity.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 0554&pid=836468

2018-4-16
Use props
Titanomachy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This is brilliant thank k you so much! That's fixed it and it all working now
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated. It's nice to know this has been figured out. Wish you have a good time on flying the drone.
2018-4-16
Use props
DIgitalMD
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-16 23:11
Thanks for keeping us updated. It's nice to know this has been figured out. Wish you have a good time on flying the drone.

This continues to be an issue on the Android Pixel. I can sometimes connect but most times when I launch Go4 and select my Spark, it will not connect with the RC.
I gave up on this because it works less than half the time. Now I use my IPAD Mini and it always connects, the downside is that maps are not available on the IPAD IOS  Go4 app.
2018-4-26
Use props
DIgitalMD
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-16 23:11
Thanks for keeping us updated. It's nice to know this has been figured out. Wish you have a good time on flying the drone.

This continues to be an issue on the Android Pixel. I can sometimes connect but most times when I launch Go4 and select my Spark, it will not connect with the RC either by scanning the QRC or manually. The Pixel connects to the Wifi, but the app won't proceed. And yes I have the setting that was mentioned correctly set.
I gave up on this because it works less than half the time. Now I use my IPAD Mini and it always connects, the downside is that maps are not available on the IPAD IOS  Go4 app.

You need to improve the Android Go4 app to prevent this situation and you need to add map
2018-4-26
Use props
Ichthubolos
New
United States

I have a Google Pixel 2 and had the same problem. There's a setting in Advanced WiFi Settings to "Switch to mobile data automatically" -- disabled that and the phone was able to stably connect to the drone or the RC. When that setting is enabled, the phone switches to mobile date automatically when a wifi connection loses the internet. Since pairing with the drone or RC is always without internet, the phone switches to mobile data and you lose connection. Hope this helps you -- you can also try switching to airplane mode then connecting via wifi -- that's probably a good idea anyway, as you aren't going to take phone calls during flight . . .
2018-4-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DIgitalMD Posted at 2018-4-26 13:32
This continues to be an issue on the Android Pixel. I can sometimes connect but most times when I launch Go4 and select my Spark, it will not connect with the RC either by scanning the QRC or manually. The Pixel connects to the Wifi, but the app won't proceed. And yes I have the setting that was mentioned correctly set.
I gave up on this because it works less than half the time. Now I use my IPAD Mini and it always connects, the downside is that maps are not available on the IPAD IOS  Go4 app.

Thanks for your suggestion. Our engineers are keeping improving the experience on APP and would like to make the feature more convenient in the future. Please cache the map in advance and enable the airplane for now.
2018-5-3
Use props
Arman2Dito
New
United States

mordka Posted at 2018-4-16 08:42
I just found interesting explanation to this behaviour. It's related to the way Android is using networks with no internet access. You MUST click the notification "This network has no internet access " and confirm that you still want to use this network. Otherwise Android will block any communication. It's a real shame that DJI doesn't include this in any FAQ accessible through the app. They should place some link with common issues and workaround. This forum is full of questions about Spark connectivity.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=100554&pid=836468

OMG, I have spent a couple hours trying to figure out why it wasn't working and tried everything and tried  doing what you said and it worked now. Using the Pixel 2 XL and now it finally works.

Thank you.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Arman2Dito Posted at 2018-8-26 13:02
OMG, I have spent a couple hours trying to figure out why it wasn't working and tried everything and tried  doing what you said and it worked now. Using the Pixel 2 XL and now it finally works.

Thank you.

Hi, Glad to know that your concern has been sorted. Please don't hesitate to reach us in any case you need our help. Thank you.
2018-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules