Mavic Pro not stopping after takeoff
1163 11 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FinnPrints
lvl.1

Mavic Pro not stopping after takeoff and doing auto landing.
what's the solution ?

2018-4-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 - refresh the firmware then calibrate the VPS/OA system using Assistant 2. Once done, let the drone cool down completely and take it to an area where there are no metal objects and calibrate the IMU. Take it away from the garage and calibrate the compass in an open area. If all of that fails - return it to DJI for repair and do not fly it.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi FinnPrints, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. As the floor 2# mentioned, please do the troubleshooting, change an outdoor open area where the GPS is good and no magnetic interference to try it again. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know and provide a screenshot of the error message, we'll look into it. Thanks!
2018-4-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I agree with Andy, looks to risky to fly if firmware, imu etc reset does not work.
2018-4-20
Use props
FinnPrints
lvl.1

The value of each product depends on the amount of its support.
Thanks for the support.
I restored the device to factory settings.
By Dji assistant 2.
And now it looks like everything is ok, at least in outdoor.
2018-4-20
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

FinnPrints Posted at 2018-4-20 11:01
The value of each product depends on the amount of its support.
Thanks for the support.

Glad to see you might of resolved the problem.
The DJI Support and DJI forum is the best place to start before you decide to send it back for evaluation.

Fly safe.
2018-4-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-4-20 01:31
Connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 - refresh the firmware then calibrate the VPS/OA system using Assistant 2. Once done, let the drone cool down completely and take it to an area where there are no metal objects and calibrate the IMU. Take it away from the garage and calibrate the compass in an open area. If all of that fails - return it to DJI for repair and do not fly it.

" and take it to an area where there are no metal objects and calibrate the IMU."

Calibration of the IMU is not affected at all by the presence of metallic objects, it is however usually dependant on the calibration being done on a level surface. The compass of course needs to be kept clear of ferrous metals during calibration.
2018-4-20
Use props
Eug Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152644 ft
United States

Don't start the aircraft with the legs folded.
2018-4-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

It looks like it's overly sensitive to the throttle, and there also appears to be strain on the processor of the Mavic Pro, as it's performing actions very late once commanded. It looks like it just needs to be updated and reset, its memory and cache need clearing, and then those commands should be smooth and immediate.
2018-4-20
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Thanks for the support.

You still want to Calibrate the Compass, IMU and while at it the Gimbal.  It is good practice to especially calibrate the Compass especially if you go somewhere else to fly.  The compass make sure you are not near any metal objects.  A good open field should do the trick.  There are many great info and tutorials out there on how to do this if you have any questions.
2018-4-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-4-20 15:42
" and take it to an area where there are no metal objects and calibrate the IMU."

Calibration of the IMU is not affected at all by the presence of metallic objects, it is however usually dependant on the calibration being done on a level surface. The compass of course needs to be kept clear of ferrous metals during calibration.

I always recalibrate the IMU AFTER updating/refreshing the firmware. To be clear: -
1. Refresh the FW
2. Calibrate the VPS
3. Calibrate the IMU (due to the FW refresh)
4. Calibrate the compass in an area away from metal objects and any electro or ferromagnetism

I also tend not to keep my drone near any magnetic objects even when in storage.
2018-4-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Thanks for the support.

That's good to hear, safe flying
2018-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules